2

Akemi woke up in a cold sweat. He peeked outside his bedroom window; the sun just peaked out from the horizon. He turned to his side and let out a small sigh of relief; his brother snored away. Akemi pushed himself off his bed and paused. He looked back at his elder twin, rather the t-shirt and shorts it was his bold orange jacket and pants. The red head noticed a familiar metal and navy held against the blond's chest. "Is that a-a forehead protector?" the red head whispered with a wide grin on his face. The red head was in his own head to notice the dried blood and grime on Naruto's face.

"Congratulations, Naruto-nii!" Akemi exclaimed and threw his arms around the blond's neck. Naruto finally woke up. The boy had the sudden urge to use the bathroom when he thought he was attacked by a snake. "A-Akemi!" the boy gasped. The red head let go and sat in front of the blond with crescent shaped eyes and a wide grin. "W-Why you are staring at me like that?" Naruto stuttered and rubbed the back of his neck with a shy blush. "I saw the headband," Akemi stated with the smile still present on his face, "Congrats, Aniki." Naruto blinked and then grinned a fox-like grin, "Thanks, Akemi." The red head pulled the blond in for another hug, "Ninjas together," Akemi whispered into the blond's neck. "Ninjas together," Naruto said and burrowed his head into the others shoulder.

×

Akemi sat next to Naruto when morning bell rang. "I was meaning to ask, how'd you get your headband?" Akemi asked innocently. Naruto broke out in a sweat, "Uhm, I-I did the bunshin no jutsu for Iruka-sensei" the blond stated. Akemi furrowed his brows at the blond. "You're not lying to me, are you?" he questioned. "N-No I would never!" Naruto shook his head hurridly and felt the sweat collect at his brow. Please believe me! Naruto thought. Akemi looked at the blond with sceptical eyes. Please believe me! Naruto silently pleaded. "Good," Akemi nodded with a smile. Naruto breathed a sigh of relief and wiped the sweat of his brow. "B-But don't keep secrets from me, Naruto," Akemi said with concerned crystal purple eyes and turned back to the front.

The previous evening, Uzumaki Naruto was involved in the heist of the forbidden scroll. The blond sneaked into the Hokage's secret library and stole the scroll. Elite Jōnin – trusted by the Hokage – were set out to capture the blond and bring back the scroll. Iruka heard of the plans and headed out to find the blond Uzumaki before the others could. All the while, little Naruto had found an area to rest. In curiosity he opened the forbidden scroll and taught himself the kage bunshin no jutsu. By the time Iruka arrived he had mastered the technique. A few seconds after Iruka, Mizuki arrived and thanked Naruto for retrieving the scroll. Naruto had only accepted to get the scroll of Mizuki made the blond a Genin. The blond was naïve and as a consequence, Mizuki's deadly shuriken – meant for Naruto – Iruka took the blow and demanded Naruto take the scroll and run. In the end, MIzuki was defeated by Naruto's kage bunshin no jutsu and Iruka granted the blond his headband and named him a Genin. Naruto like any excited child wanted to tell his little brother about the amazing battle he had won however the elder Umino stopped him and told him that he cannot tell Akemi what had occurred.

Umimo Iruka called out the names for the prospective Genin teams. "Because of the uneven amount of graduates Team 7 and others will be made up of four members instead of three. Team 7 is Haruno Sakura, Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke and Uzumaki Akemi." Naruto whooped and cheered when he heard his twin was going to be on his team. He turned his head to a flustered Pink head who was not at all looking at him but the Uchiha. He growled under his breath and swore vengence upon the boy. How dare he! The one girl I likeis more interested in some duck-ass Teme! Naruto thought. "S-Sensei, may I be excused?" Akemi asked. Iruka nodded and started to pack papers. The red head left. "Iruka-sensei! Why do I have to in a team with this Teme?!" Naruto hissed and crouched in front of Uchiha. The pair exchanged a few heated glares. "Naruto!" Haruno Sakura – the pink head – growled with a fist raised ready to punch the blond. A few more girls surrounded the table and sent vicious glares towards the blond. Naruto felt unbalanced, the next he knew he face planted into Sasuke. The class had gone deadly quiet, strangely enough, crickets played in the background. The Uchiha and Uzumaki quickly separated and gagged. "I need detergent!" Naruto cried. "I'm going to cut my lips off," Sasuke muttered. The girls in the class hung their heads, dejected. The girls had one thought running through their minds, I wanted to be Sasuke-kun's first kiss.