7

"Mamochi Zabuza, huh," Kakashi huffed. Zabuza looked down on them like insignificant pests that needed to be squashed. "Hand over the old man," the Mist Rogue ordered. Kakashi narrowed his eyes, "Never." Zabuza raised a brow and scoffed. "Fine," the man sighed. The next second the Mist Rogue had his sword pressed on the blade of Kakashi's kunai.

Akemi gulped down the lump in his throat. He was sensitive to Chakra signatures. If he had to go head-to-head with an enemy, he would lose before he could draw a blade because the enemy would increase his bloodlust. It would feel like a huge rock pushing down and gravity was against you. The redhead stood at the rear of the bridge builder, Sakura and Naruto were stationed at Tazuna's sides and Sasuke in the front. Akemi had a shaky hand gripped tight around the hilt of his kunai. He watched the standoff between his teacher and the rogue. Zabuza jumped back and landed on the water not too far from them. He can walk on water?! Akemi wondered, eyes wide with aw.

The Mamochi stood with a hand raised to the sky and two fingers to his lips. A thick Mist surrounded the area. Akemi's breathe quickened. Tazuna was no better. He was physically shaking and a cold sweat ran down the back of his neck.

Sasuke's eyes flickered around, his coal eyes wide with fear. His mind went quickly to the girl beside him, thoughts ran wild of how he was going to protect her if she could not. Then it all stopped. His mind was blank, the only thing left was hard fear. He heard Zabuza's voice speaking of the many vulnerable places he could attack. "The liver, lungs, spine, jugular vein, the carotid artery, brain, kidneys, heart." The Uchiha looked over at Kakashi, the man turned over his shoulder and smiled at him. "It's gonna be alright, Sasuke," his voice was calm and light devoid of frustration or anger. It eased the boy, by a bit. Sasuke noticed the other eye. "Kakashi of the Sharingan," Zabuza's chuckle bounced over the trees. The group was confused. "Sharingan?" Sakura's voice was a close whisper. "What's that?" Naruto asked. "The Sharingan is an ocular dojutsu that only a few possess, it assists the user in seeing through genjutsu, taijutsu and ninjutsu." Sasuke gripped his kunai tighter at the end of his explanation. Someone else's eyes appeared in the forefront of his mind. The eyes were sharp and cold. In each were three black tomos printed on a circle of red. Sasuke felt his heart race. B-Bastard, he thought. He did not need distractions at the moment. He focused on the red between the black.

RedRedRedRed, Red? the boy thought.

Akemi was in the place of those haunting eyes. He had a small smile on his face. The redhead would never smile at him like that again.

The mist grew dense, so much so that Kakashi disappeared. Akemi shifted foot to foot. He scanned through the mist for any Chakra pulses that resembled Zabuza. His eyes widened. He's everywhere! The boy thought in alarm. This is not good, not good at all. The rogue nin appeared in front of Tazuna. Akemi silently whimpered. "T-Tazuna-san, don't move," Akemi whispered. The old man shivered and nodded stiffly. A burst of chakra dispersed the mist. "Yeah, don't move," a horse voiced out.

Zabuza was crouched between the group. Akemi pulled Tazuna as he jumped back. The red-head breathed heavily. W-What? W-Why can't I-I breathe! The boy thought in alarm. Akemi dropped to his knees with hands clutched tight around the hilt of the kunai. "N-Ne-ed." So-So much chakra! Me-Too much!

The world went dark. It got cold.

Akemi gasped. He choked on the air that filled his lungs. Once calm he took in his surroundings. The walls looked like concrete, not a window in sight. The only light came from electrical bulbs that line the long corridor. Akemi pushed himself up and looked for a way out. There was only two that exists. One behind him and the other in front. Both were dark. "Am I dead?" The boy questioned the silence. "How pathetic!" He growled. "I didn't even do anything and died of a panic attack!" He yelled. His anger bounced off the wall. A moment later, the corridor shook. Akemi snapped from his brooding and yelped. He fell with a splash on his bottom. "What's going on?!"

The shaking continued. Akemi bolted from the floor and ran to the end of the corridor. The boy did not care if it was dark. He needed to get out.

Darkness swirled in his path.

×

"-kemi," someone murmured. Akemi grunted and sighed. A grip tightened around his fingers. The red-head turned to the side to be met with glistening baby blues. "Akemi!" Naruto exclaimed.

The younger of the Uzumaki twins nodded with a smile when his brother retold the story of the battle with Zabuza. "I wish I was there to see," whispered Akemi and tapped lightly against the top of the blanket, "I wish I would have helped." Naruto pulled the red head's hands into his. "Don't worry about it!" The blonde grinned, "You'll train and get better! Dattebayo!" Akemi grinned a fox-like grin along with his brother. "Yes!" Akemi pumped his fist.

"Can you boys be quiet," Kakashi said dryly. Akemi glanced to his side to see the Hatake resting his head on his palm. "Kakashi-sensei's awake!" Naruto said happily. Pads of footsteps hurried to the room. "Kakashi-sensei, you're awake," Sakura breathed a sigh of relief. "Mm, that's good but that means you need to keep resting though," hummed a woman with dark blue hair and brown eyes. Kakashi nodded. "Akemi, it's good that you're okay, you gave us a scare," Kakashi smiled warmly - they assumed it was a warm smile. "Sorry everyone," Akemi chuckled lightly. "Ma, don't worry about," Kakashi dismissed.

"I am glad you're all here though," Kakashi shifted to get comfortable. "I have been thinking that Zabuza might still be alive," the greyhead hummed.

"WHAT!"

Akemi sucked in a large breath. Kami please help me! The redhead thought. I hope I don't freeze up like the last time. "Which tells you that you should always be on your guard," Kakashi nodded to his team. "Hai!"

Team 7 excluding Kakashi and Akemi stayed in the room. "I'm sorry I let you down, Kakashi-sensei," Akemi bowed his head. "Like I said, Akemi, you don't have to apologize," Kakashi smiled. "You were overwhelmed by the intensity of chakra in the air, unlike most people you are sensitive to picking up chakra." Akemi nodded and groaned, "But it still doesn't excuse the fact that I could have helped out!" The redhead huffed. "Our training will help with that."

Hello😄

I know haven't updated in a while but here is no. 7.

Please VOTE, COMMENT and maybe pop a FOLLOW on my account.

Lots of Love
sleep_ex