Scarlet pigment

Successfully escaping........

Although he managed to, Shen Qingqiu still had to bear with the aftermath. He was very alert about his situation right now, yet he was unable to do anything whilst falling - he couldn't move his body. He became immobile, with minimal energy to fight back against the force suppressing him. The light in his eyes slowly dimmed, together with the distance he travelled as he plummeted down.

His powerlessness manifested. Head falling first, his was body screaming in pain, his mind craving for rest. However the next second, his eyes widened as a familiar experience overwhelmed him - devastating torment.

It felt like his bones were being gnawed on, his flesh being torn - the stinging pain throughout his body accompanied him. The rush of blood circulated rapidly, bringing bouts of agony. The wind harshly blowing against him were like sharp blades piercing through his skin. His sensitive body now had waves and waves of incoming pain with clear intentions of making him immobile.

His fingers twitched due to the agony and a painful cry slipped out from his lips. Perhaps he was given mercy, but relief washed over him as he felt a longing warmth from within his body. He sighed.

Before he knew it, Shen Qingqiu couldn't keep himself awake anymore. He could feel his surroundings blurring - becoming splotches of different colours. The last sensation he remembered was the sudden, piercing cold that overwrote everything else. The crystal blue-turquoise water engulfed him. He could feel his sinking body as it gave in to fatigue.

The stillness and silence that surrounded him was surprisingly comfortable. And as if it was absorbing all of the pain, Shen Qingqiu could finally close his eyes in peace as the demonic blood inside of him receded. The cold water became warm, alongside a streak of red seeping out.............

____________

"Luo Binghe", who had been gazing at the cliff where his Shizun left him, was caught off guard as the heavenly demon blood inside Shen Qingqiu suddenly refused his orders. No matter how many times he called upon it, he lost connection to it. His hands clenched to an extreme, with freshly warm red liquid dripping down his palm and dripping onto the ground.

The lone white flower that bloomed beneath him became dyed with red, a foreboding scarlet.

*******

~Inside a room~

Heavily panting, a man coughed out blood. Sweat trickled down from his sharp jawline to his collarbones, slightly soaking the bandages wrapped around his chest. Fingers curling into the white cloth around his chest, he clenched his right hand as his wounds reopened.

A premonitory scarlet stained his pure white bandages.

___________

~Xiangwei Village~

As a very desolate yet resourceful village, the humans that lived here served as a production site for staple food. Being situated inside of a large forest, they were granted a vast range of materials. Although dangers existed, such as attacks from wild animals, the villagers had adapted and learned to protect themselves. Perhaps this was the reason why they had various victims that tried to enter this village with intentions to exploit their goods.

On a daily basis, daughters and mothers carried their buckets and washed clothes along the wide riverside. A young woman hurriedly made her way to the river, scrubbing her clothes in a rush. Due to many requests this time, she didn't manage to make it to the usual time to wash her load of garments.

Due to the skies beginning to produce streaks of the sunset, the water reflecting these colours made it harder to properly identify the thin streak of blood that became mixed with her clothes. But due to her keen eyesight, she noticed the strange scarlet hue that was floating in the water. Raising her head, she froze in place as she caught the figure of a person drifting in the river.

Being the daughter of the village's doctor, she immediately rushed out. For the first half of the way, she was able to dash clumsily, but since the person was floating in the deeper end, she had to swim to them. Luckily, although unconscious, this person was floating on their back - which meant that they were most likely still alive. She made her way back, albeit in a slower pace due to carrying the weight equivalent to two people.

Finally bringing the unconscious person to shore, she collapsed and recollected her breath. Her eyes landed on the person's face. Her breath was taken away as she noticed the fair skin, long lashes and handsome visage of the person. Snapping back to reality, she listened to his heartbeat and sighed a breath of relief.

With perfect timing, her brother who had come to check her safety arrived at the scene and reluctantly helped to carry this unknown man back to their house.

********

~ "Luo Binghe's castle ~

"Find. Him." An authoritative voice resonated through the room. 

"With all due respect-" A subordinate, with sweat forming on his forehead, pleaded but was immediately cut off.

"I don't care. Or, is it that you are unable to?" Sitting on the throne, "Luo Binghe" glared at his subordinate on a condensing manner.

Biting his lip, the subcordinate squeezed out, "Everyone is still busy in dealing with the attack from befo-" When he raised his head, his eyes locked with the gleaming eyes of "Luo Binghe". Trembling, he immediately bowed, and shut his eyes as he wisely gave the correct answer.

"Understood."

After dismissing everyone, "Luo Binghe" stared at the ceiling.

Perhaps, was he wavering....?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wheel of fate was spinning. The future that it predicted had, for some reason, become unpredictable. The wheel, spinning with too much force, managed to attain a slight crack within it.

The two worlds - both the same, yet vastly different -

But why was it that these two worlds required so much maintenance?

***

Some discontinued sounds were heard by the exchange of two voices. A robotic tone and a mysteriously low voice conversed.

[.........]

[.................................assigned................................complete......................beginning..................]

"Shen Qingqiu............ in order to..................Luo Binghe................."

[...]

"......good................understand?"

After a pause, there was a definite answer.

[Yes.]

_________

I'm sorry if this chapter was confusing, I will get to explain things in future chapters due to this author not wanting to spoil anything.

Author: What to do............... too difficult! It's so hard to write! I don't have enough vocabulary!

System: [..... that's not my problem. Also, you still have 4 debt chapters left.]

Author:...... I will- I will get around to it...........hahahahhaha........

System: [...Well.........HURRY UP]

Author: ahah yesh......

😅