Yearning

Without noticing, "Luo Binghe" had walked inside Shen Qingqiu's room. Looking at him, "Luo Binghe" knew that this time, his Shizun was within reach. He stretched out his hands and his fingertips lightly touched Shen Qingqiu's face. The warmth that he felt from this person made "Luo Binghe" want more.

"Luo Binghe" felt a sense of satisfaction, especially after having Shen Qingqiu back to his side again.

When did it begin?

Yes, this person was the first to ever go against him. This Shizun was the first person who made him retreat after he became the demon lord. On that day, when he arrived into his (Shen Yuan's) world, he never thought that he could experience fighting with himself nor meeting his archenemy again. But his heart was moved by this supposedly archenemy of his. Especially facing this type of Shizun, "Luo Binghe" at first felt suspicious and mocked the other. But..... the way that this Shen Qingqiu looked at him - those doting eyes, and how he would respond after calling him 'Shizun' had unexpectedly caused his heart to flutter.

It was that he never knew what this feeling was.....

After retreating, he would always remember the time spent with Shen Qingqiu. Whenever he called, Shizun would answer in the most soft and doting way. The way his fingers would glide through his hair alongside the soft brushing - the way how Shizun would loving care for him.......

Just the thought of these made him feel angry. Why? Why is it that he couldn't get this type of Shizun?

Before he knew it, "Luo Binghe" had already referred to him as 'Shizun'.

All of "Luo Binghe's" thoughts came to a halt as soon as he felt the slight movements of the person on the bed. With trembling eyelashes, Shen Qingqiu's brows creased a little. Then, his eyelashes fluttered open, revealing somehow dazed eyes. As if still half asleep, Shen Qingqiu softly whispered, "Binghe?"

"Luo Binghe's" mouth moved on its own. "Yes, Shizun?"

"Luo Binghe" could feel his heart beating, fluttering again - just like that time. The small smile that bloomed on the person before him was so soft, expression filled with love and indulgence.

But as soon as those eyes focused, his expression immediately shifted. His features became sharp and alert. As if realising the reality, those eyes revealed the almost hidden fury that eventually turned into misery, frustration and contempt.

"Luo Binghe" felt for the first time, what it was like be splashed with cold water that woke him up from his delusions. From the gaze he received, he realised......... that this person....... would not submit to him.

Shen Qingqiu, upon snapping awake, silently glared at "Luo Binghe". But with nothing to say, he simply just turned his head.

"Shizun~" A sweet voice startled Shen Qingqiu.

Before he knew it, "Luo Binghe" had climbed up and rested his head on his laps. With a pouting face, "Luo Binghe" continued to repeat, "Shizun~~"

Shen Qingqiu, staring at this farce, almost dropped his jaw. What is this....... What is he planning to do? All Shen Qingqiu could think of was reasons why "Luo Binghe" would do this. But after a while, Shen Qingqiu could see the image his Luo Binghe overlapping with this "Luo Binghe". Perhaps out of surprise, Shen Qingqiu made a rash decision to push "Luo Binghe" away.

But of course, his arms were caught. Then, with his face returning back to its smirking expression, "Luo Binghe" asked, "How did Shizun manage to get out of my barrier?" After a pause, he moved Shen Qingqiu's palm to his face. Then changing his expression to worry, he continued, "And what will you have done if your spiritual powers weren't sealed? Shizun would have become prey to the poisonous miasma."

Although some hesitation appeared on his face, Shen Qingqiu sealed his lips from saying anything. His mind was starting to become confused. Every time "Luo Binghe" showed this type of expression - the one that he was used to seeing, he suddenly had the urge to cry. At the same time, with no way to read "Luo Binghe's" thoughts, Shen Qingqiu didn't understand. He was confused at the sudden treatment he received.

Not receiving a reply, "Luo Binghe" reached out to pull Shen Qingqiu into a hug. "Shizun, this disciple is worried......."

Being absolutely dumbfounded, Shen Qingqiu only widened his eyes. Then, forgetting to put up any form of resistance, Shen Qingqiu just stayed still. Because of this, Shen Qingqiu did not see the slowly maddening expression of "Luo Binghe".

.........so don't run away again, alright? S-h-i-z-u-n

Without Shen Qingqiu noticing, "Luo Binghe" had activated an almost unnoticeable magic artifact in Shen Qingqiu's room.

Luckily, it's effects weren't that strong - due to both the system's hidden help and the artifact's medium potency.

Shen Qingqiu only unfroze after "Luo Binghe" left the room and his footsteps could no longer be heard.

Little did he know that after leaving, "Luo Binghe's" expression held amusement and had an evil smirk across his face.

Acting like that weak and pathetic me(Luo Binghe)........

How repulsive. But it doesn't matter.

For the first time, his Shizun did not reject him. This alone was enough. He knew what to do in order to slowly pull his Shizun into his embrace.

This was how the wolf began his hunting sessions. Wearing the cover of a sheep, "Luo Binghe" started to act more and more like Bing-mei.

Because they were the same person, "Luo Binghe" seemed to receive fragments of Luo Binghe's memories - which helped him in perfecting his acting.

Although the first few days, Shen Qingqiu was silent and constantly maintained his cold and refined figure, after a while "Luo Binghe" could get some reactions. Shen Qingqiu would respond to his callings.

Day by day, Shen Qingqiu's mind became more muddled. Today as well, "Luo Binghe" came into his room with sparkling eyes and a bright smile on his face. With the same indulgent tone, he whined, "Shizun~"

Unexpectedly, for the both of them, Shen Qingqiu accidentally reached out to touch his disciple in order to fix his hair, as it was sticking up from the rest. Out of shock, Shen Qingqiu tried to pull back his hand, only for it to be caught.

"Shizun......." a whisper lightly reached his ears, and in the next second, a light peck touched his lips.

Trembling, Shen Qingqiu felt like he was forcefully dragged back to reality - he felt that he needed to remember something.......

What's going on? Come to think of it, I haven't heard much from system either.......

With a sharp glance to his subjects calling him from outside the room, "Luo Binghe" exited after saying goodbye as a normal disciple would.

Furiously confused, Shen Qingqiu was calling the system when the door to his room opened again.

After "Luo Binghe" left, an unexpected guest arrived - no, barged in.

——————-

Try to guess the artifact's effects? 😉

I will be working on moving forwards in the story, now that the explanations are over - (I think)

Thank you for patiently waiting and please look forward to the next chapters!