Chapter 4

EXTREMELY UNEDITED.

Winsley.

I wasn't able to get a word in, because before I could, I was ripped out of Lora's embrace, into another one.

And this one made me quake- melt into a thousand honeys in his embrace, as I inhaled his intoxicating scent and felt the electricity that came with his addictive touch. I knew it was my mate, but God help me, I couldn't rip myself out of his grasp. I felt weak- putty in his hands. And I hated it.

But I also loved it.

Fúcking mate bond. I knew it was only going to get worse from now onwards. I didn't know how he'd be able to keep himself away from me; nor how I'd be able to keep myself away from him. Surely he knew. Surely he understood.

Surely he realized that as mates, we wouldn't be able to keep ourselves away from each other for long.

"A-alpha Alexander-?" Lora sat there, dumbfounded, as she stared up at my mate who glared back at her with golden eyes.

Wait.

"Alpha?" I barked in surprise, turning around to look up at my mate who immediately shifted his gaze towards me and stared down at me with uncertain eyes, seemingly calmed now that I was in his embrace.

How the fúck was I supposed to deal with my married Alpha mate?

The despair must have shone through my eyes, because his handsome, rugged face shifted. I whimpered, looking down at the gash I'd made in his chest, now bandaged. I traced its outline with my hand, pressing my face against his chest. I felt helpless; control usurped by Andronika.

He inhaled sharply, but leaned into my touch. We both knew it was wrong, but we couldn't help it.

"Mate," I whispered the most obvious into the thick atmosphere that prevailed. I couldn't bring myself to pull away from him- God's sake, he was my mate.

I crumbled.

"Why did this have to happen to me?" My voice was almost no more than a whisper, but I was sure they both heard it. I hated how weak I sounded. Hated the feelings. Hated the bond.

But I could do nothing.

I couldn't do anything.

Fúck, I was helpless.

Utterly. Cacophonically. Unfortunately.

I didn't realise tears were trickling down my face until I felt sparks on my cheeks, and I looked up through blurry eyes to see the soft blue hues of my mate. He cradled my head in his hands, placing a chaste kiss on my forehead as he wiped away my tears with his thumbs.

"This happened to you- to us- through no fault of your own."

"Then whose fault is it?" I whispered into the silent air, feeling the pain coursing through his blue eyes, for they reflected in my own mahogany hues.

He gulped harshly as I leaned into his touch, breathing in his delicious scent. I needed it. He was my oxygen.

My married, Alpha oxygen.

...Then, Luna?

I felt my throat constrict as I looked up into his blue eyes accusingly.

"I'm supposed to be the Luna of your pack."

His face of guilt only worsened. Suddenly I wasn't so sad anymore. Suddenly I felt ten times worse.

I felt repulsed by his touch, the bitter anger finding its way back to me. Andronika growled within my mind, but I held her back as I pushed his hands away from me.

He stepped back in surprise, his blue eyes scanning my features which I knew were becoming more sinister by the second.

"Your... wife... she took my place, didn't she?"

I couldn't help the hurt, jealousy, loss, anger, bitterness and sadness fluctuating into my tone as I regarded him with my sorry orbs.

I heard Lora inhale sharply behind me, but I kept her at the back of my mind, looking at him with as much hatred as I could muster.

He was my mate- but he was also my ruination. He would be the reason for my destruction.

"...I can explain-"

"Save it." I began, my voice dangerously low. The two werewolves stiffened. The tension in the atmosphere could be cut by a knife.

"I hate you," I spat, "for stripping me of everything that belongs to me."

"Please don't..."

"I hate you! You've ruined my life! What the fúck am I supposed to do now?"

I fisted my own hair in my hands, letting out another scream as I fell to the ground. The pain in my chest- it was hurting, burning.

"Winsley-" I heard Lora's soft voice, but I let out another scream.

"Fúck you! How... what the fùck am I supposed to do?!"

I couldn't explain the excruciating betrayal I was feeling- I could only sit there on my knees and look up at him, weeping with all my heart, angry with all my soul.

He stared down at me, his face tormented, and his hands almost seemed like they were aching to touch me and comfort me- but he was holding himself back.

Could he see it? Could he see how he was slowly ruining my life by just existing?

Could he see my bleeding heart? The wound he'd opened up without even touching me?

Could he see me crumbling?

"God, why did you do this? Was it so hard to wait?! You took everything from me. Look at me- tell me whether I deserve this! Whether I deserve a stupid, Alpha mate like you who couldn't even wait for his mate to come and shoulder the responsibilities, you gave my position to your wife and now I'm... I'm..."

I could barely breathe, and I clutched at my chest, feeling the pain come back again. What...?

"Winsley..." The Alpha muttered, tasting my name on his tongue, as he too clutched his chest. He was feeling it- the burn of betrayal and hurt and anger and anger and anger and anger and- blood?

I tasted blood on my tongue, escaping from my lips, and I halted my anger within an instant. I spat out the small droplets, looking down at the vermillion stain they made on the floor, the inner turmoil within me reaching its peak as I realized yet again to what extent my suffering was extending.

Blood? From where? And why?

The two people in the room looked down at me in utter horror, speechless, lost, and guilty with all their hearts.

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, my knees trembling.

"Am I dying?" I asked, mostly to myself, looking down at my bloodied hands almost cynically. I didn't understand what was happening. I didn't understand why it was happening.

But maybe... maybe it was for the best?

I felt sparks then- my Alpha mate knelt at my side and clutched me, his arms encircling around my shoulder as his aura fired up with worry and unadulterated fear at my expense. It felt like a million years but it was only for a moment that his blue eyes and my brown eyes made contact with each other, creating a vortex of dark green that had me spiralling down into its depths.

The sad thing was, we were made for each other. But, he was betrothed to another.

"You're not dying," he uttered, his voice hard.

I smiled sadly.

"I wish I was."

I didn't want to live in this hell.