Chapter 7

Yes.

Unedited.

Winsley.

All I felt was pure unadulterated rage as Andronika consumed me and I had to hold myself back, with every fibre of my being, from clawing that woman's eyes out.

How dare she carry my mate's child? How dare she exist? How dare she stand before me so warmly? How can she live with herself being the one who stole my whole life from me?

I emitted a growl and I saw a spark of fear in the woman's eyes. I heard a thunderous growl echo in the room and my eyes zapped towards Alexander.

"Don't you dare try anything."

It wasn't even a warning. It was a statement. He would rip me to shreds.

And all for what?

This petty little human? This foul wretch?

I felt myself begin to tremble as rage consumed me, my nails turning into claws and teeth into sharp razors the more I looked at the woman.

"A-Alexander, who is she?"

I smelt the fear in her voice, heard the beating of her rapid heart as she looked back at me, so vulnerable, so fúcking innocent, when she was anything but.

"How dare you?" I growled at her, and she looked back at me in what I could only deem as utter confusion. Dumb pest.

"Winsley." Alexander warned, and I looked at him, exasperated.

"How can you torture me like this and expect me to stay okay, you selfish, selfish bastard?" There was raw emotion in my voice and I loved it when he flinched at my words. I loved the way he took a step back as if my words hurt him.

Good.

He deserves to be hurt. He deserves to suffer. And I'll make sure he suffers a lot before I can forgive him for what he's done.

"Alexander...?" The wretch pined again and I had to hold myself back from ripping her to shreds.

"This is... Winsley," Alexander began, clearing his throat, looking away from me and at his bítch of a wife. The way his eyes softened when he looked at her— I hated it. Andronika hated it.

"...she is a rogue. Her name is Winsley. And she'll be joining our pack."

The nerve of this bastard. How dare he?

I opened my mouth, ready to spew all my words of hatred, but before I could, his eyes zapped towards me and he gave me a glare so heated and so cold that I stopped dead in my tracks.

Goosebumps overpowered my body, and I realized this was what an Alpha can do. He was way more powerful than me. He could do anything to me.

Just to keep his fúcking wife safe.

He could murder his mate just for the sake of that foul vixen.

And that angered me beyond belief, the fact that I was so powerless and I could do nothing to help my case except act like I was unfazed until the time would be right to strike.

And that's what I told myself I would do.

I would be their homewrecker, and I would watch their lives crumble.

Alexander asked for it; he shouldn't have wronged me the way he did. And now he will pay for his bitter actions.

"Yes, I'm here to join the pack," I spat out like it was poison, fixing Alexander with a heated glare as I did so.

His eyes softened and his stature relaxed when I said so, but I could tell he was still on edge.

He and I both knew the harms of keeping the mistress in a room with the mate.

"Then why is she in this house? Isn't this your private working place?" The woman asked, confused, and looked at Alexander accusingly.

I smirked. Her thoughts would be coming true soon enough.

I would be sinking my claws into Alexander's rough white skin soon enough. And he would be bruising my soft brown skin soon enough.

Everything will happen, soon enough.

I just have to be patient.

And patience is what I will show.

"I'll be staying here because he doesn't trust me with his pack members yet," I told her smoothly, trying to keep my voice levelled.

She looked at me hesitantly and saw my vapid eyes and empty face and decided I might be telling the truth, because she relaxed her shoulders and emitted a sigh of relief.

"Sorry Alexander, I didn't realize you were thinking about the safety of the pack. Anyway, when you're done, please come and help Sharon with the cooking. She hurt her leg this time," the foul wretch said smoothly, completely disregarding me.

That bítch.

"Yes, Eve, I'll come soon. Plesse go in the meantime, I have to talk to this girl about the pack rules. You know how rogues are."

At this point, Alexander was practically begging me to reveal the truth. It took every ounce of self control I had to not spill the fact that he was my mate right then and there.

Patience, Winsley. Patience, Andronika.

"My apologies, I did not realise I appeared so savage," I bit out, my voice rough. Alexander stiffened and the woman gave me a look— a kind of puzzled look that made it seem like she wanted to figure me out.

Unfortunately for you, bìtch, you'll be out of his life soon enough and you'll have to figure out how to live with heartbreak instead.

Alexander tsked and looked at the vixen, "Eve, please leave now."

His voice was levelled but I could sense the urgency in his tone. His blind dumb bítch of a human wife could not.

"Can I talk to Winsley for a bit? I'd love to make myself acquainted with her, I'm sure she'd like to talk to the Luna too?" Her voice was gentle and sweet and I could sense no hostility and that angered me beyond belief— she did not know how much of a villain she actually was and it was all Alexander's fault.

"No, Eve." Alexander's call was final and his deep voice sent a tingle throughout my body. Eve inhaled sharply and tensed, looking at him curiously, but obeyed.

"Alright then, I'll see you later."

And then she was gone, the smell of her wafting out the door. There still remained a flowery scent but it was very faint, being overpowered by Alexander's strong scent of— what was that? Intrigue?

I looked away from the door and back at Alexander to find him already watching me, his blue eyes speaking interest.

"Why didn't you tell her?"

He asked, as if he was very surprised.

Looks like the plan was going to work.

"Because I told you, I'm not here to cause a scene. I'll be a good pack member," I spat out matter-of-factly, watching the way he furrowed his eyebrows hesitantly.

"How do I know I can trust you?" He asked, confused and riddled with unkempt emotions.

"That's the thing, Akexander. You cannot. Not until you give me a chance to prove you can trust me."

As I watched him mull over my words, as I watched him slowly acquiesce, I felt my smile growing wider and wider.

I would woo him in every way, shape and form.

I would show him exactly what regret stands for.

And he would be the one to regret everything he's done.