• Prologue (MUST READ)

Will update the next chapter at 5 votes! Happy reading! ❤

Unedited.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Alexander's POV:

I held my wife in my arms, laughing along with her, kissing her cheeks.

Evangeline was my lifeline, the reason for my continued existence in this sorry world.

We'd come a long way together. Though she was human, she knew about werewolves; because as my Luna, she had to.

In the first place, it wasn't supposed to be like this.

I didn't have to marry her.

But I got tired of waiting.

Waiting for the one person, I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with.

And I waited, God, how I waited.

At the age of 18, I waited for her. For my mate.

But she didn't come.

At the age of 25, I was still waiting for her. For my mate.

But she still didn't come.

And then at the age of 30, I stopped waiting.

Because I realized, she would never come.

She would never come.

And after coming to terms with the fact that I wasted almost half of my life waiting for someone who was never going to come, I met Evangeline.

And I fell in love.

I fell in love with the way she smiled at me, the way she cared for me; the way she lightened up my whole world after the darkness I went through at the expense of just waiting.

Waiting torturously; arduously long for something, someone, who was never going to come in the first place.

I felt like a fool; dancing in a circus in which I had no power. I didn't know if I was cursed by the Mother of the Moon, but I despised the way fate played with me; toyed with me; rid me of the one thing I wanted.

My mate.

The person who was supposed to love me.

Support me.

Be my Luna.

And since she didn't come, I decided to marry the human girl who swept me off my feet, because I knew she wouldn't find a mate, and I knew she would love me till the end of her days.

And as I held this beautiful woman in my arms, my heart was swollen with utter adoration, mesmerized by her entity; her beauty; the way her blue eyes shone like the constellations in the sky, mirroring my own oceanic orbs.

As I was an Alpha, I had to breed an heir to my pack.

The pack of Kingsley Lycans.

And this is why my pretty woman's belly was swollen at 8 months.

It was almost time for my darling boy to be born, and I couldn't be happier after facing the darkness that was my invisible mate.

I was going to work on a midsummer morning, where humans worked with me, unbeknownst to my entity as a werewolf.

Ironic indeed, as in my navy suit, I walked through the first floor of the building, basking in the attention given to me by my employees with respect.

After all, I was Alexander Phillips; Head Executive, Head Accountant for Lycans Enterprise, and Alpha, ruler of Kingsley Lycans; though humans did not need to know of the latter.

I was perfectly content with the turn my life had taken, perfectly happy with the way my life was going.

And that was when fate took me by a storm. Swept me off my feet a second time, but in the worst way possible. Nightmarish claws impaling themselves in my shoulders, and I could do nothing, absolutely nothing to battle fate.

That was when I smelt it; saccharine lox intertwined with red velvet delixacy, a hint of vanilla mixed with spicy cinnamon.

That was when I felt it, the taste of sweet doom and chaos and a pandemonium I had never bargained for.

That was when I heard it, the sounds of bells chiming as the gates opened up to seal my utter defeat at the hands of fate.

That was when I saw it, whirling around with superhuman speed, watching despairingly as the double doors to my building was thrown open by a vixen with fiery eyes.

And that was when I met her.

My mate.

My other half.

And met her I did, though too late.

Here she was at last, but Mated to a Married Man.