Chapter 2

Alexander.

Please read; even though I will be doing his POV this chapter, I will NOT be giving away his feelings after finding his mate. I will only be giving some hints. 💕

I've made this chapter with the intention of getting you guys acquainted with Alexander and his world.

HEAVILY UNEDITED (I went through a crisis where I scrapped the 6 chapters I already wrote because I was dissatisfied with the way things were going).

To give me more time to write, I'll say 10 votes for the next chapter! Or, update next Thursday!

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Put her in the room," I grounded out gruffly, giving a glance to her unconscious form, which was being carried by my female Hunter, "be careful with her arms, they look so skinny."

She looked so young. So innocent. So untainted.

"Alpha, Beta Calum needs you. Says one of the minority packs is causing trouble on the grounds of having their pack member kidnapped," the man motions to the unconscious girl, "he's handling them as I speak, but the mother is in hysterics. Might wanna check it out," the Gamma, Köfa, drawled out lazily.

"Notify me again if Calum can't handle one woman, I have other more important matters to see to," I muttered, giving another glance to the resting girl.

She looked so serene. Who knew she was cable of giving me such a huge gash mark on my chest.

The wound tingled at my attention, and I looked down to find a small blood stain on the bandage carefully placed over it.

"So what's the next step?" Köfa intruded on my thoughts, looking down at the girl, puzzled, "how are you going to break this to the... Luna?"

His hesitant voice only added to the burden on my shoulders.

"I don't know," I sighed, "I know Evangeline will be mature enough to face... the circumstances. She already knew I didn't find my mate yet at the time I married her..." My voice betrayed the uncertainty I felt.

"Well, let's forget about that for now. What do you want to do, Alpha?" He changed the subject quickly, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

I gave the Gamma a weary look, "I never thought I'd find myself saying this, but we need to go visit the pack Library. Surely it might have something to explain this..." I gestured to the unconscious girl, "...phenomenon."

"Right. But would it be okay to leave her here in the heart of the Kingsley Lycans? We have pack members on every block in this deserted area. I'm afraid someone might..."

"It's okay. Lora here," I motioned to the lingering female Hunter, "will be keeping a good eye on her. Won't you?"

Lora gave me a shy smile, nodding, an automatic blush coating her cheeks.

"Oh and, when she wakes up, I'll be there to receive her. If not, I'll send Calum to fetch her, and you give him the specific instruction to use the underground chambers. My finding my mate should be kept secret until further notice."

"Yes, Alpha," Lora and Köfa chorused in unison.

"Alright," I paused, opening my barriers to mind-link Lyra.

Yes? Came the pack medic's distorted voice.

How long till she wakes up?

According to the dose Innah had administered, it would take approximately... 28 hours.