chapter 13

im just gonna write yall

Maddie's pov:

The walk home was a quiet one. I told Billie that jess was coming to pick me up, but that was a lie. I ended off the night on a really big note though. It might sound childish, but the thought of seeing her in my hoodie made my stomach twirl.

She's gotta like me, right? Like, there is no way there isn't anything there. We literally fucking kissed, she called me pretty, i catch her looking at me whenever we're together.

Fuckkkkk why do i always go for the curious ones. Like, fuck bro.

And the other night at the beach? It was literally out of a movie. You're gonna tell me there was nothing there? Bullshit.

With my hands in my pockets, I round the bend and turn the corner. My feet have a steady pace but my mind is racing. What would she do if I tried to kiss her again? Would she kiss me back? Her being confused about her sexuality is making me confused in general. 

A soft wind blew against me as I almost passed my house. Once again, no car in the driveway.

I really think about my dad a lot, yanno? Like, I talk to him on a video call every day, but me and Cliff miss him. I can tell Cliff misses him more though, he's always sneaking into his room and taking his old watch, tinkering with it to try and fix it up for his next return.

"Hey Cliff, ya home?" i yell as i enter the door, petting my dog Max at the door. "I can order you food if you haven't ate."

From outside my field of vision i hear a door open and close with feet running down the stairs. "what's good?" he says to me while giving me a fist bump. "nah i didn't eat, but i'm running out with my friends to get some pizza now. You want any?"

"i'm good dude, just don't stay out too late, okay? Be back no later than 1, and if you need anything call me, got it?" I ruffle his hair, even though he towers over me at a roaring 6,5. He's 15 now, but he's gonna be a fucking giant. "And if you smoke weed, at least make sure its good shit. You call dad yet today?"

I already knew what the answer was. 

"yeah, three times. once this morning, once at twelve, and once about an hour ago. We're not smoking tonight and i wont be out that late." he grabbed his skateboard and his wallet. "Duces"

And with that, i was all alone.

-------------------------------------

Time skip, one week: Wednesday

Billie's POV:

When Maddie gave me her hoodie, i nearly melted. First of all, it was wayyy too big for me, which way exactly what i wanted. And secondly, it smelled just like her. And she smelled so good. By now though, it only smelled like my perfume, because i wore it all the time.

It was raining today, and even though i didn't want to, I knew that I had to go in and go in the water. The rain was ideal, because that was the effect we wanted to have on the water, but what the fuck why water. Al kept insisting on trying to "break my fears" for this new album, but I am perfectly fine with my fears. 

I roll my eyes as i grab my keys and phone and walk out the door. At least Maddie will be there today. I can be excited about that.

The drive was short and quiet. The only thing i heard was the rain quietly hitting my windshield. It was the kind of rain that everyone loved.  It was heavy but it wasn't overwhelming. Clean, and it felt as if you could dance in it. 

I rolled into the parking lot and gave a quick nod of hello to josh. He's been kind of standoffish since me and maddie started hanging out. Maybe he was jealous of me, for hanging out with someone as gorgeous as her.