chapter 14

sooo what do we think is gonna happen?? 

Like i said, im just gonna get straight into it.

I've been meaning to do this side characters POV. This is really just an informative chapter but ill switch it to either maddie or billie after a while. Fuck it maybe both idk. Maybe neither. 

Jess's POV

Dear Diary, Oh wait that isnt this kinda thing? Okay yeah no problem its fine.

Hey guyz. Im Jess. How are you today? Really? Wanna tell me about it?

Well you guys know me. You know, the fun one. The blonde one. Let me just fill you in.

So me and maddawg have been friends ever since we've been kids. We went to the same surf workshop when we were little kids. My little cousin is friends with her brother. Our dad's names are both Mike. And we tell each other everything.

But i haven't told her that me and Petey kissed last night. OOp-

See i would tell her, but then this whole thing with Cliff came up, and we got a bit distracted.

You see, Cliff is Maddie's little brother, this is my first entry so i'm not sure how much you know. But anyways, Cliff's a momma's boy. But his mom is somewhere on the other end of the earth and he doesn't get to be a momma's boy. So he's a poppa's boy.

But sweet sweet baby mike, His dad mike not my dad mike. Fuck, this is confusing hold on. My dad will be Mike B and Maddie's dad will be Mike A. Well, Maddie and Cliff have the same Mike. Okay yeah. So Sweet sweet baby Mike A is traveling all the time. He's there for breakfast one day and wont be there for a month of dinners. Its just the way it goes.

But Cliff needs his dad. He doesn't have anyone else besides Maddie, who smokes herself out a lot and is never home and his shitty friends who get drunk.

Maddie loves him a lot though. She would do anything for him.

This isn't the first time Cliff has disappeared, though. He's gone on road trips to airline tickets to Canada to China. Its always a wild goose chase on where he's going. Poor thing's trying to find his mom. Jane left when he -oh, Jane is his mom, by the way- Jane left when he was two years old. He doesn't remember her other than the basic understanding. Says that he'll be able to know who she is just by seeing her. He just needs to see her first.

The thing is, the chances of that happening are slim to none. Maddie hates her, and Mike A is pretty much the same way. They've had no contact since she left, but Cliff is different. He's tried over and over again for anything, a card, a phone call, anything. But no luck.

This is the sixth time he's done this.  He always does this when he's left alone for too long. But its always the same thing. He shuts off his phone, says he's sleeping at his friends house, and we have to find where he's going from credit card purchases and trying to beat him to his next location.

It's a whole hassle, but we always manage to do it. Thanks to Ethan's annoying ass, we finally got somewhat a better start. It looks like he only left last night, but a plane could have landed in Portland by that time, so he could be anywhere on the West Coast, or in Iceland.

"where do you think he is?" I asked her. Might as well get some conversation going in this bitch. 

She kept her hand on the steering wheel as she took a hit from her juul, which i hate when she does. "he never goes to the same place twice," she said, blowing smoke as she spoke. Omg wait that rhymed.

"My guess is Quebec City." I say as i grab her phone out of her bag and go to the bank account app. 

"I was thinking somewhere in Canada too, but he went to Montreal last time he ran. I don't think he would hit Canada again." She took another hit from her juul. "In fact, i don't think he'd be anywhere up north. He's been all along the east coast. Southern States in the middle. The yeehaw states. The bumblefuck nowhere states. The northern stoner states My guess is he's going to Cali. He was talking about how pretty it was there a few days ago and how he's been wanting to visit." She turned down the volume to the already quiet radio, completely silencing the car. "Does it say where he bought a ticket to?"

I smiled, she was right. She would be such a good detective, but nooooo. Someone likes music too much.  She wants to make music just like her girlfriend does. 

What? Do you think she didn't tell me? She didn't lol. Maddie has googoo eyes for Billie. 

"looks like we're going to Los Angeles."

Cliff's POV:

I swear, I'm gonna find her this time. 

She can't just bring a life into this world and then not watch it grow. You can't see that beautiful baby in your arms and think, "Not for me, thank you next, bitch!" I get if you're too young or not well mentally or financially and you want the child to have a better life, but giving birth, raising me for two years just to leave? Without an explanation?

She has a Facebook, it really isn't that hard to find her. Besides, she is Maddie but smaller and with green eyes.

On that Facebook, I see a brand new family. Two boys and a girl. Dylan, Matthew and Hope. A new husband, pretty engagement ring and two Rolls Royce. But she's missing one thing, and that one thing is me.

After finally coming home from her billion part honeymoon that she takes every couple years, she said on her recent post that she is "Stuck in LA!". And I thought that I could go. I've always wanted to go anyways, but Maddie would understand.

I got off the plane this morning at LAX. Did you know you don't need anything but a credit card to fly across the country? I learned that when i was 12. I've done a lot of traveling in the past few years but, its all gonna be worth it. I'm gonna meet her. Everything will be worth it.

Nothing is gonna stop me this time.

Billie's POV

The beginning and the middle and the end of the day were terrible. They went slower than slow, and I barely laughed. I just missed her.

I'm still mad at her though, she needs to explain her shit. Who is Cliff? Is it an ex boyfriend? Worse, a current boyfriend?

Oh my god, she's dating this guy. Think about it:

-she got literally so upset at even the mention of his name                                                                                - started crying when she realized he was missing                                                                                                  -hasn't made a move yet because she's literally dating someone

I'm so stupid. I started feeling a tight knot in my chest when I look at her hoodie laying on my bed. She's playing with me, and i've seen right through it because i wanted to see what i wanted to see.

I brought her to my fucking house. I let her meet my family. I talked and talked about her all for this? And to think I liked girls. Nah, you wont see the Billie motherfuckin Eilish, multi-million air give one more shit about this person.

Fuck you, Maddie.

end of chapter

oh shit i fuckin love you guys stay safe lovelies <3

much love,

bigdikrick66