chapter 15

heres a quick recap:

1, we hate cliff. he has too much false hope. poor baby. 2, billie is quite literally a dumbass. 3, ethan is cliff's douchbag friend that may or may not make another appearance, and we may or may not hate him even more. i guess we'll never know.

to the one comment that said you think someone will die, not in this book, but like i've said in the past, i have a few ideas for a sequel.

okay here we goooo!

Billie's pov;

A week she's been gone. A fucking week. How hard is it to find this kid? I mean, he's her boyfriend, shouldn't she know all about it?

It literally doesn't even fucking matter. She's 16, and im turning 19 in less than four months. It wouldn't have worked anyways.

But it was still nice to think about. It made me think of when i was with Chris, but better. Like, she made my skin catch on fire. Chris could never do that. She made my stomach drop in the best way possible when she wrapped her arms around my waist. That never happened when i was with him.

I sigh as i roll over on my bed and scroll through instagram, everyone's favorite activity to cure bedroom boredom. I don't know why, but it never really occured to me that she might have an instagram. I typed in the search bar: "maddie kingsly" to see what could pop up. 

There was nothing.

I tried diffeernt ways to spell her name, using underscores and numbers and periods, but i couldn't find anything. It was like she was a ghost.

Maddie's POV

It took us a WEEK to find this motherfucker. A week. 

Like, he took a plane from JFK airport to LAX, got an uber to the Sunnyside motel in Highland Park. Then got a bus ticket to somewhere in Malibu. From there, another motel. It pisses me off, he spends all the money my dad earned to go see a woman who doesn't wanna see him.

Jess and I have a plan. We will follow him to the address he found on facebook (which isn't that hard for anyone to find when she puts her town name tagged and her street sign and number in pictures. Did i really come from someone that stupid?) and tell him that it's not worth it. Show him in the flesh that if she doesn't remember me, which she won't, there is no way she'll remember him.

Right now, we're sitting in the car we rented. I wanted to text Billie and check up on her, but I was hoping she would reach out first. She has my number, why doesn't she just use it?

I tried to block billie out of my thoughts when i saw him walk up to the house. He looked nervous. I felt bad, but i didn't want to scare him off.

He knocks.

We carefully open the doors.

He waits and we do too.

The door swings open to a little girl. She has dark tanned skin with curly brown hair. Her green eyes looked up at Cliff adoringly and curiously as she waited for him to speak.

"Mads, lets go dude, " i hear Jess say. But my feet seem to freeze. She's beautiful. And I bet her other kids are too. No wonder why she fucking left, i couldn't compete.

My thoughts get interupted with a slap to my face. "Not the time or place. Let's get him home before you think about her."

I nod. She's right of course. But that doesn't make it any easier. 

I start walking calmly to the front lawn while Jess slips off to the side. I see Cliff stand there awkwardly while the little girl twirls around him. She looks so happy. There is so much innocence on her freckled face. 

"cliff, times up bro. No more bullshit" i say through my teeth. 

He sighs. "Not yet, I need to see her."

"See who?" The little girl interrupts. "I'm Hope, are ya looking for me!" She giggles as she starts to skip over to me. "Woah, you look like my mommy!"

Ouch.

"Yeah, kiddo. You look like her too. You have her eyes." I look over to Cliff, who is looking inside, trying to get a glimpse of her. I felt bad. Fuck what am i doing?

"Hey Hope?" I bend down on my knees to match her head level, "Is your Mommy home?"

"Mhm! Sure is. Why, who are you? Oh! You must be her sister!"

I see Cliff look back at me with tears in his eyes. "Yeah little one, she is. And im her brother. Could you go get her please?"

She looks between both of us, i'm assuming to try and find features that look like her mom, then smiles. "Yeah! I'll be right back!"

I feel Jess' hand on my shoulder. "this isn't part of the plan, but maybe this will help both of you."

"Him. It will help him feel better." I scowl, "I have nothing i want to remember from her anyways. Maybe this will finally let him get over this."

Finny's POV (as requested =b)

"Billie hasn't been herself lately"

"I know Clauds," i look at her. "But i don't know why. Do you think it's cause of maddie?"

Claudia shrugged. "I'm not sure, but i think you need to talk to her, bubs." She comes behind me and gives me a hug while i cut up apples for our snack. "Do you know when she's getting back from set?"

I give her an apple slice. "In all honesty, the shoot itself should be done. I have no clue why this one is taking so long. Maybe because it's dangerous?"

I felt a kiss on my back. "Yeah, maybe that" She said sarcastically. "Like I said, talk to her about it."

I shove an apple slice in my mouth. She's been acting weird since she became friends with maddie. "I'm almost sure they're more than friends."

"what makes you say that?" i turn and realize i said that last part outloud. Claudia looks at me with her eyebrows raised.

"Well, you know how i've always thought that billie may be into other genders than just men, and if she is or isn't apart of the community it doesn't matter to me, but i'm not sure. I guess i just have great GayDar."

"Have you ever said that to her?"

Now my eyebrows shot up in surprise. "With all the comments and speculation about her already? No! Besides, I don't want her to think I'm disappointed in her for not being either gay or straight. As long as she's happy, I'm happy."

"Good answer, cutie." She smiled as she embraced me in a hug, her lips brushing against mine. "I love you."

"And I love you." i smile as i kiss her again.

end of chapter

hey everyone!

im super glad you guys are enjoying this book. I'm trying to make it more ~s p i c y~ so let me know what you think.

Also- if any of you ever need to talk, my DMs are always open. Depending on what country/state you're in i might not get back right away, but i WILL get back to you. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need someone to talk to.

Much love, 

bigdikrick66