Ch 12: Sirius Black

Karri stood in front Remus's desk at Hogwarts.

"It's been years Karri." Remus told her. "Years. When are you to give up?"

"Until Sirius-"

The door opened showing Harry Potter.

"Sorry didn't mean to-"

"It's okay Harry. Please come in." Karri says smiling at him.

Harry smiled and went to stand next to Karri.

"Lupin here is telling you that he's helping you with the protection spell."

"Yeah." Harry says smiling.

"It's one of my fav-"

The door opened showing Snape. Harry noticed Karri's glare towards Snape. He saw the smirk on Snape's face as well.

"Shouldn't you be in Azkaban with your lover?" Snape asked Karri.

Harry noticed Remus covering Karri's mouth. Harry raised an eyebrow as Snape chuckled.

"I think I hit a nerve there." Snape says setting the potion on Remus's desk.

"Thank you Snape." Remus says to him. "You might want to go before I release Karri. You better hurry."

Snape left the room. Remus removed his hand before Karri could lick it.

"Is he a professor here, Harry?" Karri asked.

"Potions Professor." Harry answers.

"Never thought of him being a Professor. A-"

"Karri." Remus growled. "Harry's in the room."

"So?"

"Watch your mouth."

Karri glared but said nothing.

"Karri?" Harry asked.

Karri and Remus turned to Harry.

"Yes Harry?"

"Do you know Sirius Black? The murderer."

Karri stiffened. Remus and Harry noticed she played with the crown ring on her finger.

"He was in our year, Harry." She says.

"So you did know him?"

"We did yes."

"Do you know why he went to Voldemort's side and betrayed my parents?"

"I'm afraid, I don't know the reason, Harry." She told him. "People do stupid stuff all the time."

"But-"

"I should go. You have a lesson with Lupin. Harry if you ever need me, owl me. But for now...Just don't go looking for Black, okay?"

Karri felt Remus's eyes on her. Karri locked eyes with Remus.

"No." Remus says to her. "You are going back to Molly's-"

"Why would I do that? You know what Friday is, don't you?"

"Karri-"

"I'm helping. You can not change my mind."

Harry watches Karri leave the room. He turned to Remus.

"That ring?" Harry asked as soon as the door closed. "Why does she keep playing with it?"

"I've been asking that for years, Harry."

Karri found herself walking towards the Whomping Willow. Knowing Sirius might be there. It's the perfect hiding spot for him. Karri turned into her white cat and slid down the whomping willow.

She stopped when she saw a black dog in front of her. The dog's head turned to the side as the cat did the same. Karri's heart froze knowing that the dog is probably Sirius.

Karri walked past the dog hoping he'll follow. Lucky for her, the dog did. As soon as they got into the Shrieking Shack the dog and the cat transformed.

"Karri?" Sirius asked, his voice breaking. "Is that really you?"

Without saying a word Karri ran to Sirius. Giving him a bone crushing hug and knocking him to the ground.

Sirius chuckled as he hugs Karri back, not caring if he's on the ground. He's just happy to see his light again. The warmth he missed so much came back to him.

"I can't believe you're here." Karri whispers, her voice breaking. "I've dreamt so many nights that you would come to me. But then I would wake up and..."

Karri's voice broke as she pulled away from Sirius. Tears pouring down her face. She still sat on his lap. Scared to move.

Sirius tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. His hand stayed on her cheek. Taking the beauty of his beloved girl.

"I'm not sure if this is real." Karri whispers, breaking the silent. "I want it to be real so bad..."

Sirius's eyes landed on the ring. A smile crawled on his face.

"You've kept the ring, love?" He asked.

"Of course, how could I not?"

"I thought you would be ashamed of me."

"I could never."

"Why?"

Karri took off the ring. Held it so that he could see it.

"Remember the promise you made me in Hogwarts?"

Sirius nodded.

"You are my everything. I barely lived without Sirius. But yet you were in Azkaban. Sirius my love for you never left. It couldn't have left."

"But-"

"You're my everything. Nothing will hurt us. Nothing will break us. You said it yourself. This ring is a promise for marriage later. I'm making sure you keep that promise."

Sirius chuckled and took the ring. He smiled and placed it on her finger.

"When the time is right, you'll be my wife."