FOUR

"How was the wedding?" Catherine excitedly asked when she sat on the couch in Masha's living room. She was having a cup of tea in her hands and was literally ready for the tea.

"Cate, for real," Masha answered disappointedly. "Is that even a question?"

"Uh, yes," Catherine replied. "I haven't got the chance to ask you about it yet, so I ask it now."

Tuesday morning, tea morning. It was the fixed day of Catherine and her cousin Masha to catch up with each other. The two were probably the closest family members.

Masha nodded. "That's true," she said and took a sip from her tea. "Well, there are not enough words to express my feelings about the wedding. I mean, it was the best day of my life." Masha almost dreamed away when she thought about it.

"Let me see the ring," Catherine said and widely smiled. Masha showed Catherine the ring. "Girl, it's so beautiful. It suits you, it's like this is made for you."

"I know, I know." Masha happily smiled. "It was amazing, my goodness. I don't think it could have gone better. Everything went on schedule, no delays or whatsoever, no drunk fights. Can you believe that our family behaved themselves for once?"

Catherine dramatically nodded. "I know, right. But that is because it was you and Vince. And when you mess with you and Vince...you might want to go into hiding."

"Now you make us sound like really violent or bad people," Masha laughed.

"No, but for real," Catherine smirked. She looked around and noticed the absence of Vince. "Is Vince still on the track?"

Masha sighed and nodded. "Tripleheader it is. Two days after the wedding he needed to leave for Spa, this week he's in Monza."

"Yeah, you're right," Catherine mumbled.

"Don't say it."

Catherine squeezed her eyebrows together. "Say what?"

"I can see you think about the fact Vince is away from home again," Masha said. "He had the week off two weeks ago for the wedding!"

"I wasn't thinking about it."

Masha rose her eyebrows. "Oh, really?"

Catherine brought the cup to her lips and took a sip. "Really. I was thinking about the races. Mum and dad are there too, and I have to work. Bit bull crap situation because of work," she sighed. "I mean, Vince is a chief mechanic for McLaren on Lando's team. I wouldn't complain about it. But as I said before, you are pretty sad about the fact he's a lot away from home. And he makes you happy, I know that. But seeing you sad, sucks, Masha." It was silence, and Catherine looked at the cup she had in her hands. "When are you going on a honeymoon?"

"When the season is finished."

Catherine noticed Masha was upset. She didn't want her cousin to feel upset, but the current work situation was difficult for Masha. "Hawaii, I'm jealous of that. But you both deserve it so much, Mash. Drinking cocktails, getting some real tans, relax, celebrate your marriage," Catherine tried to cheer Masha up.

"I cannot wait for it. I have ordered some dresses because of the summer sale. I will show them to you later, but they look amazing," Masha excitedly said, and her face lightened up. A smile curved on Catherine's lips, this was the excitement she wanted to see. "Anyway, do you had fun at the wedding?"

"Girl, your wedding... The best one I have ever been to. Your venue, my goodness, I fell in love with it. And the ceremony, just perfect. Everything about it was so beautiful. And your dress, Vince in that tux..." Catherine was describing it like she had been in a romantic film.

Masha nodded. "I know, right!" But this wasn't exactly the answer Masha was looking for. "But you had fun...fun?"

Catherine squeezed her eyebrows together, she could see Masha wanted something from her. "Yeh?" It made her doubt about the wedding, did she miss something?

"And have you met Billy?"

Catherine pressed her lips into a thin line and was searching for someone named Billy in her mind? "Was I supposed to meet him?" She took a big sip from the tea, which was cooling.

"Yes! We put him in next to you at the table! He's a very kind man, and he looks good as well," Masha excitedly told. Catherine still showed no emotion. "I have put him next to you, right?" She asked herself.

"Hold up, wait a minute? You put me at the back of the table so I could meet some guy named Billy?" Catherine snorted. "Woman, my family has given me the 'you are less important than the family' title because of that."

Masha swallowed hard and ate a biscuit to distract herself from the situation. "Maybe."

"Why?" Catherine waited for an answer. "I'm sorry, but I have no idea who Billy is. Were you trying to play Cupid and try to matchmake me with someone?" 

"Damn it, Cate," Masha said painful and sighed. "Have you really not spoken to Billy?"

Catherine was shaking her head. "I have only spoken to Callum, but that's not Billy for sure. Oh, wait, perhaps he was the guy who sat next to me? I don't know."

Masha's eyes widened. "Callum?" She slightly was disappointed that her matchmake didn't work, but it was something to begin with. "Callum as in...?"

"Callum Ilott, yes, the racing driver."

"Oh, god. My plan escalated, great," Masha muttered disappointed. "Did he recognise you?"

"I don't think so, but I don't care. That is not about what we should talk about. What was your plan?" Catherine sounded serious, almost forcing.

Masha refused to look at Catherine, only for her own safety. Her eyes were plastered on a pile of books in the bookshelf in the living room. "Alright, alright. So you always complain about being single and thought it would be a good opportunity to match you with someone. And Vince and I have this friend named Billy, he's single and so are you. This could be a win-win situation. But instead of that, you talk to Callum."

Catherine's laugh filled the living room. "Are you joking?"

It stayed silence on Masha's side.

"Woman, you're trying to play Cupid on your own wedding. God, I love you so much," Catherine laughed. "I'm sorry, but you are such a dork. Next time, give me a hint, please."

A laugh rolled over Masha's lips. "It was worth a try," she admitted. "Damn it, it failed. But at least we have extra tea to tell when people are asking me about my wedding."