ELEVEN

Catherine locked her eyes with Callum's eyes and a proud smile curved on his lips; she was clapping in her hands when Callum stepped on the podium of the track. After a few battles, Callum managed to finish as first. There was a small ceremony at the track, just for fun. Catherine finished as sixth, so, unfortunately, no podium.

"Winner, winner, chicken dinner," Catherine happily said when Callum walked towards her. "You did a great job!"

A wide smile grew on Callum's face. "Thanks," he smirked. Catherine wrapped her arms around his torso. "It isn't much," he said and hugged her back.

"Shut up, you won from..." she began. "...all those wankers," she whispered. Catherine pulled back and looked around her to see if anyone had heard it. "They were so aggressive, my goodness."

"Yeah, but still." He looked at her, Catherine was trying to stay calm; she was annoyed by the people out of the group. "At least you didn't finish as last. You finished as the first woman. And you're my winner," he told her and gave his price to Catherine.

A soft smile came on Catherine's face. "No," she softly said. "You won, your price."

"And I give it to my winner."

Catherine accepted the small plastic golden trophy and gave Callum a happy smile. "Thank you." Heat rose to her face, and she chewed on the inside of her lip.

They picked up their coats and left the track. As much they both loved to stick around to watch people kart, they both decided it was a better decision to go to the pub. The track was filled with people; several birthday parties and other occasions. Catherine and Callum had a seat on a couch and ordered something to drink; Catherine went for hot chocolate and Callum for tea.

"But there is something I need to get straight, because I have a short circuit in my head," Callum said and looked severe at Catherine, who sat next to him. "You knew who I was all along?"

Catherine smirked and nodded. "Yup, I knew it all along. Well, apart from the part you suddenly became Joachim Meyer. How did you come up with that alter ego?"

"Yeah, yeah," he muttered unsatisfied on Joachim Meyer. "When I was in Spa, there was a Dutch comedian on TV, and his name was something like that. I don't know why it got stuck in my head, I didn't even understand what he was talking about." Callum looked down on the table, just to get distracted. "Why didn't you just say you knew who I am?" He was interested in the reason behind it.

"Because it's not up to me to say it," she honestly replied. "I honestly thought you knew who I am as well."

"George Russell's twin sister," he said. "I didn't realise it until you put on the balaclava. I looked at you, and I saw George, exactly the same look."

Catherine rose her eyebrow. "Was that the moment?" She looked disappointed, but she was messing with Callum.

"Let's say I knew George had a twin sister because you were on a track a lot, to see George. But I'm gonna be honest with you, you changed a lot. The girl I picture as George's sister, doesn't look like you," Callum spoke. "But perhaps it is because I forget so many things and just didn't remember you right. I'm sorry."

Catherine was shaking her head. "No need to apologise, people change. I probably wouldn't remember siblings of old friends as well."

"Now it makes sense," he chuckled. "I was impressed because you didn't really react to me, because some girls do."

"You are Callum Ilott. And yes, you are talented, and people are keeping an eye on you because of your talent. But I don't care about that. Well, I care about your status, but you're just a normal guy who I re-met...is that even a word? Anyway, I re-met you at a wedding, and that is private time," Catherine stated and looked wisely at Callum.

The waiter served Catherine and Callum their drinks and gave them a small plate with a few biscuits.

Catherine looked at the hot chocolate and looked unsatisfied. "Do you want the whipped cream?" She shared a look with Callum. "I didn't ask for it..."

"You don't like whipped cream?" Callum was perplexed to find out. Catherine was shaking her head. "How?"

"I don't know. I don't like the taste of it."

"Sure," he said. Catherine gave him a spoon and Callum ate the whipped cream from the hot chocolate. "I didn't want to hide my name from you. But now I'm in F2, I notice how people, especially girls, are trying to hit on me because I might get them into F1 and the men over there. It happened a few times before, actually. And you didn't react like a fangirl, so I reckoned you didn't know me. I guess I was afraid to get disappointed again."

Catherine nodded. "You were just protecting yourself. And it only gets worse once you enter F1. I can speak from experience with George. Yet I can turn into a crazy fangirl," she teasingly said.

"Nah, you will not," Callum smirked and scooped the last bit of whipped cream out of the hot chocolate.

"But 'I drive around and deliver things'..." She giggled. "What a way to describe your job."

"I'm not wrong, though," he laughed.

"No, but it's the same as Kimi, whose job in F1 is 'just a hobby'," she laughed.

"Touché." Callum carefully took a sip from the tea. "Amazing how you knew who I am, but I thought you wouldn't know me. And vice versa." They both looked at each other and began to laugh at the same time.

Catherine made a fresh new low bun in her hair. "Life is full of surprises," she chuckled. "Our world is small, isn't it? You were Vince's neighbour, Vince is married to Masha, Masha is my cousin, you and George both race, and now you and me."

"It's a tiny world," Callum replied. "Terrifying," he sarcastically said. "Anyway, it just popped up in my mind, but are you free somewhere next week?

"Yes, why?" She took a sip from the hot chocolate, but had insanely regret doing it; she had burned her tongue.

"Shall we visit London? Or another big city? Playing tourists, because why not?"

The corners of Catherine's mouth curled up, and she nodded. "Sounds fun!"

"I know, right! Shall we go on Wednesday?"

Catherine grabbed her phone and looked for her work schedule. "Lucky you, I switched shifts for a week. Wednesday is fine. But we have to go by public transport, it's too busy and paying to park in London is a no-go."

"Of course, public transport is the easiest to move through London," Callum immediately replied. "We will look for the details later."

Catherine nodded and widely smiled; this was going somewhere. It wasn't only coming from her side. Callum made an effort to keep in touch, as well.

"What happened the other night, after the restaurant... I'm not a guy who shags a girl after one meet-up," Callum uncomfortably said after a while of talking. This was somehow still bothering him, because this wasn't how he was. "I wasn't myself that evening, but also me, but I'm not like that. You get what I mean?"

A comforting look spread on Catherine's face, but she also showed signs of relieve. "Thank god I'm not the only one," she admitted. "I totally get what you mean, I'm not like that as well."

"I don't know what I was thinking that evening," he breathed.

"Do you regret it?" That was the only thing Catherine needed to know for now.

Callum carefully locked his eyes with her. "No. Do you regret it?"

"No."

He nodded. "That's good," he mumbled.

There was no room for a conversation because an awkward silence fell. It wasn't like Catherine and Callum felt uncomfortable by the situation that night, they just didn't know what to say now. Like was it probable to talk about the weather or was that weird?

Callum wrapped his arm around Catherine's shoulder and leaned towards her. "I really enjoyed today," he whispered in her ear and pressed a kiss on her cheek.

Catherine looked at him, her eyes were sparkling. "I did enjoy it too," she softly said and her lips curved into a shy smile.