THIRTYFIVE

The corners of Callum's lips curled up when he looked at Catherine, who laid next to him in his bed. She was still asleep. The light of outside escaped under the curtains what lightened up the room. Callum had a short glance at Catherine before staring at the ceiling. After a few minutes, the blanket crunched next to him. He turned his head to Catherine and noticed she was awake as well.

"Good morning," Callum softly said.

"Hmm," Catherine hummed and looked at him. "Good morning," she sleepily muttered and moved closer to him; she put her head on Callum's chest and placed her hand on his chest.

Callum wrapped his arm around her and pressed a kiss on her hair. "How did you sleep?"

"Good." A yawn escaped her lips. "You?"

"Good," he answered and stroked her back.

Catherine looked up, having a quick glance at the alarm clock for the time; 9:00. "I honestly reckoned it was eleven already," she admitted and looked at Callum. "It's nine."

"Such a disappointment though," Callum chuckled.

"Absolutely," Catherine replied, slightly annoyed; it was still early. But for a Monday morning, it was a reasonable time.

A yawn escaped Callum's lips as well. "What's your plan for this week?"

"Nothing much," she answered. "I have to go to the restaurant in a few hours today, I'm having lunch with Masha later this week, physiotherapy and that is about it... And what about you?"

Callum rose his eyebrows. "Are you going to work?"

"No, no, they asked me to be there. I can make dinner for myself and then my wrist says: that's it for today."

"Ow," he hummed. "The holidays are over which means I have to get back to my regular schedule," he breathed. "Fun."

Catherine smirked and looked at him. "There's so much enthusiasm," she sarcastically said. "Keep up the good spirit, Cal."

A laugh rolled over Callum's lips. "Shut it." He stroked a piece of hair behind Catherine's ear. "It's Monday morning."

"Excuses," she teasingly said, and she leaned in.

"I just like my free time," he smirked gave her a kiss.

"Hmm-hmm," Catherine hummed and softly giggled.

Their lips connected again. Callum smiled against Catherine's lips and pushed her on her back. He moved on top of her. Catherine's hand was resting on Callum's cheek, her lips curved into a smile as well. Butterflies were flying around in her stomach.

An hour passed; it was full of cuddles, kisses and small talks. They decided to get up and get ready for the day.

"Oh, god, I look like a crackhead," Catherine said to herself when she looked in a mirror. She washed her face with water and popped some face cream, sunblock, eyebrow gel and mascara on. For once, her skin looked clear. Catherine never was a massive fan of a thick layer of makeup on her face, she mostly went for a subtle and natural look. "I don't want to ask it," Catherine began and walked back to Callum's room. "But can I borrow a t-shirt?"

"Yes, of course," Callum replied and smiled. "You don't have to ask for it."

Catherine sat down on the bed. "I don't want to be a bother and asking for clothes all the time," she muttered. "My own shirt stinks like pizza from last night, but I can use some more deodorant."

"You're not, Cate," he replied and opened his closet. "They look better on you anyway."

Heat and colour went to her cheeks. Catherine bit on the inside of her cheek, she didn't want to blush. She looked down, at Callum's hoodie and joggers; he gave her the clothes so she could sleep in it.