XXI

"We not talking about that here Iris," Killa spoke in a low tone, making me simply grow even more frustrated

Of course, I was aware of the type of shit he was into but this was not what I was expecting. I figured he was smarter than this.

"We can leave, you need to clean that shit up anyway," I scoffed and looked down at the blood on his white dress shirt.

His eyes followed mine, looking at the mess he made on himself. "Fuck," he cursed under his breath.

"Yeah, we gotta go," he shook his head. "Let me call Boog to see where he's at,"

"Y'all weren't together already?" I raised an eyebrow and pursed my lips.

"No, that's why I'm calling him," he said with the phone already to his ear.

I just examined his stance, he seemed to still have his firm stature. He scanned the crowd for his nephew and I saw nothing but darkness in his eyes. I've been looking at this man every day for the last few months and they've never been this shade of brown, they were damn near black. Something came over him and I'm not talking to him until I get some form of clarity.

I folded my arms and sucked my teeth as he spoke to Boog. They seemed to be going back and forth, I could tell with the aggravated tone Killa had. He had a pretty smug look on his face as well.

"We're going to the car, hurry the fuck up," Killa looked to me with no expression and immediately hung up the phone after his sentence.

I figured it was best to leave him be. I promise myself to not speak to this man unless he has something to say to me.

My arms stayed crossed as I walked behind him, weaving my body through the crowd. I didn't even take a second look around the venue. I felt people bumping into me but I just brushed it off.

"Iris, you leaving so soon?" I heard Ryan's voice from behind me, but I said nothing. "Iris!"

I continued to walk and I noticed Killa's head turn slightly. "Who the fuck is that?"

"Don't worry about it, keep walking," I spoke softly. On the inside I was screaming and hoping this situation didn't boil over.

I was thinking the worst and I had to try my best to stay calm.

When we finally made it outside, our ride was already out front. Killa opened the door for me, I wasn't phased by it at all. I got into my spot next to the window and just glanced at the trees across the street.

"So, you not gone tell me who was calling your name?" Killa chuckled lightly. "You making friends I see,"

"It's nobody," I rolled my eyes. "You can't even tell me what's going on with you,"

"You think I'ma just carelessly let out my business in a room full of people?"

"You did something carelessly in the same building, so what fucking difference does it make,"

He said nothing.

Boog made his way to the car and to my surprise his outfit wasn't ruined. I just shrugged the thought of the situation didn't matter to me anymore.

"Did you clean it up?" I overheard Kilante.

"Yeah, it's done,"

"Good,"

I felt the car move, taking us back to the house. I just spent this time in my mind, it was the only place I felt safe. If Killa can't trust me enough to tell me what he has going on, then I know I can't trust him.

"Iris, you good over there?" I heard Boog snicker.

I didn't have enough energy to respond so I just kept my eyes where they were.

"I ain't give a fuck anyways," he scoffed under his breath.

"You asked didn't you?" I raised an eyebrow and be nodded his head in agreement.

It took awhile for us to get to the home and I had to listen to NBA Highlights, Boog and Killa argue, and Killa's business calls on the way there. It was gonna be pure bliss getting some peace and quiet in my room.

I moved rather swiftly into my room upstairs and shut the door behind me. I took no time when it came to removing my clothes, these heels had my feet aching and I was dying for sweatpants and a tee at the event.

In the process of me digging in my drawers with my underwear on I heard the door open.

"Oh shit, my bad," I heard Boog's voice. "Killa wants you,"

"Tell him I'm changing," I said pulling out a pair of my Adidas Joggers and a plain tee.

I rushed to put on my clothes and grabbed a pair of white ankle socks to keep my feet warm. After I had everything I needed I took my time to Killa's room, I didn't even try to get there fast enough. If it was that important he would've shown up himself.

"Did you need something?" I asked folding my arms in front of his door.

"Yeah," he said removing his tie and unbuttoning his suit. "When are you supposed to be meeting with Lewis?"

"Not sure, we didn't get to talk much about it," I bit down on my lip as I looked down at my feet. Why was I still nervous around him, he shouldn't have this much leverage over me.

"Oh, cause you were making friends with ole boy huh?" He chuckled, sitting on the bed to remove his dress shoes.

"I already knew him,"

"Knew him from where? I never saw 'em," He raised an eyebrow.

"We used to work together, the club I was kidnapped from, he was there that night and we haven't seen each other since," I let out, knowing giving him this information could lead to two things, jail time or someone's funeral. I'm not sure which one Killa was leaning closer to and I didn't want to find out.

"It's not a big deal, I don't think he's anything we should worry about," I tried to lighten the tone. "He thinks we're together and he heard rumors ciruculing about me being kidnapped but I seem to be free to him. You're good, and he's not the reason why me and Lewis didn't get to talk, that was you,"

"What do you mean we? This is something I'm gonna worry about because why is a nigga from Maryland coming out to New York for an event he wasn't even invited to? He's got some ulterior motive and you're gonna figure it out,"

"What is there to figure out? I'm never gonna see him again. You're gonna blow this shit up over nothing. I told you, he isn't suspicious anymore,"

"Figure it out," He glared at me and pushed himself off his bed, heading to the bathroom.

"No, you figure it out since you care so fucking much,"

-

this was a short filler chapter but the good news is you don't have to wait forever for updates. follow my insta tidaempress for more updates on my content. go read my new published book 'fatal attraction' on my main account TIDAEMPRESS

50 comments for the next update ;)