XXVI

"Did he answer?" I twisted my lips and looked up at Boog as he walked back into the holding cell

"Yeah," he breathed out deeply. "He's pissed, but he said he's on his way to bail us out,"

"Fuck," I sigh. "We didn't do anything wrong,"

"He ain't mad we fought back, it's just a Killa thing. He's always getting upset about shit he can't control. But I'm lucky they let us sit in here together, don't think I'd be able to function,"

"You never been to jail before?" I raised an eyebrow and smirked at him.

"Nah, I'd just be worried about you," he twisted his lips and sat down right beside me.

"I've been arrested before, this isn't new to me by a long shot," I laughed and looked away from him.

"Oh really? This is news. What'd you get arrested for?" He chuckled and shook his head in denial.

"Well, I got in a few fights at the club I was working at when I was younger. I was charged before for vandalism and a few other misdemeanors, nothing major," I gritted my teeth, not wanting to open up too much of Pandora's Box.

Boog and I seemed to tolerate each other a lot more since this trip. I guess Killa knew what he was doing putting us together, it worked out a lot better than I expected. I actually enjoyed the trip aside from all the bullshit we just went through.

"Oh shit," he covered his mouth with a closed fist, busting out laughing.

"What?" I furrowed my brows.

"You don't strike me for a girl with a criminal record," he spoke shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah? You don't strike me as someone that kidnaps girls either," I pressed my lips together and watched his eyes drift off me.

His jaw clenched and his hands began to rub up and down his legs. "You not getting over that, ever?"

"It was a traumatizing moment in my life, how can I get over it. I can't just go back to my regular life like you and Killa. So no, I don't think I'll get over it, not right now,"

"Look, I'm sorry aight. It's my fault you're in this mess and I'm not sure what I can do to make it right but I'll do what I can,"

"There's really not much you can do. I'm comfortable now"

After a long talk with Boog, I fell asleep on his shoulder while we waited on Killa to come and bail us out. This environment makes me feel so disgusting so a hot shower is gonna be necessary when I get back to my hotel room.

I yawned and rubbed my bottom eyelid. I stood up from the bench and walked over to the cell doors as the officer who was watching over us went to unlock them. "You're both free to go,"

"Thank God," I blew out in relief and looked back to make sure Boog was coming.

"Come on," I widened my eyes. "You don't wanna be in here any longer so why are you still sitting d-,"