I Hate Demigod Dreams

"The willing, Destiny guides them. The unwilling, Destiny drags them." -Seneca

Percy's POV

It was cold. Snow was coming through with the wind in all directions, the very definition of a white-out blizzard. The wind was so strong that it was pulling me in every direction. Try as I did, the wind was finally able to knock me down and I went tumbling through the snow.

I couldn't tell you how long I was just being pushed around by the wind, but I do know that when I suddenly came to a stop, it was because the wind had slammed my back into something which felt like cold metal. After a few seconds of trying to regain my bearings, I was able to get up using the metal thing which had stopped my seemingly endless tumble. That was when I realized what exactly the metal thing was. It was so large that it could have held Hannibal the war Elephant and the seven on it without bending.

If it wasn't so cold that is. As I lightly touched it with my now freezing hands, it acted almost as a magnet and pulled me forward and through the metal, causing me to fall into a cavernous area which also had a bit of snow here and there in the corners. But the biting wind from outside was no longer attacking me, so I decided that this was probably the place to go to hide from the blizzard.

So, I began to walk around, examining what exactly this large metal container was. I couldn't be sure, even with what I was able to see of this thing. When I finally made it to what seemed to be the middle of the thing, that was when I saw the metal container built into the center of the area. The metal rafters, the bones of this thing, were bent around it, and surprisingly hadn't caved in under the pressure of all of the snow packed down above this thing.

I walked toward the chair at the very front, which had snow piled around it and that was when I saw the console in front of it, a console for a plane. This massive metal thing was a plane. When I went to step around the chair and pile of snow around it, I saw something buried slightly in that snow.

Crouching down to look at it, I saw metallic red, something that clearly wasn't a part of the actual plane. I swiped away the snow and when it came away, I saw also metallic white and metallic blue along with the point of what looked to lead to a star. I recognized this only from the pictures of it I had seen, and I know my heartbeat picked up as I realized just what this plane was. It was the plane Steve had crashed.

"Steve." I whispered out, the words coming from my mouth before I could stop them. I reached out my senses and waited, feeling for anything at all that could tell me if at least Steve's body was in this plane. I had nearly given up when I felt it. One single heartbeat and then it stopped again.

It had been slow, a heartbeat meant solely to keep a person alive, but not awake. I wasn't even sure if it was real until after around 16 more minutes of not wanting it to be fake, another heartbeat which mirrored the last could be felt. That was all the confirmation I needed.

I quickly went up to the snow which I had felt the heartbeat come from and started to dig. Right as I felt another heartbeat, I uncovered a face and partial neck from the snow. The face of Steve, peaceful in his almost death-like sleep, you might have thought it was just regular sleep if he wasn't so pale and cold, his lips purple from the snow around his body.

Very hesitantly, I reached out a hand and touched his face. But when I did that, suddenly, he wasn't covered in snow and there were around four people surrounding us with Steve stuck in ice on a table. One of the men exclaimed, "My God! This guy's still alive in there!"

I stepped back from the table and tripped and just as quickly as the change from the plane to that room, I was now falling from a building multiple stories high. Directly above me was a wormhole type thing with several strange creatures riding weird chariots coming out of it. Buildings were being destroyed by even larger creatures coming from the wormhole and civilians were running and screaming in terror.

When I hit the ground, I tumbled down things and finally rolled to a stop on ground which didn't look like sidewalk, but like rocks. Gasping a little for breath, I looked up the things I had fallen down; a set of floating stairs, and I found a throne. Sitting atop the throne was a large purple man with a set of golden armor on, grinning insanely out at what I recognized as space.

When I turned to see what exactly he was looking at, I was instead met with a college campus. However, unlike a regular college campus, this one had tanks shooting at a large green man who only seemed to be angered by the bullets headed his way. He ripped through the tanks as a woman came to be near him and when he saw her, he stared for a second. Then he quickly enveloped her in his arms only a split second before the two were surrounded with fire.

From out of the very top reaches of the fire came a metal suit. I noticed that once again, the scene had changed, this time to one which was very familiar. The deserts of Afghanistan. I quickly started to back up and run when I noticed that the projectile that came out of the fire was headed straight for me. I had only gotten around ten paces away when the sand behind me exploded outwards as the metal suit came to its final destination. I saw Tony and I saw myself, and the scene from directly after our escape played out before a gust of wind came and some sand blocked Tony and I from view.

That sand changed and instead became rain. A rainy and muddy fight was going on before me, one very large man in what might have once been a black security suit up against a smaller man with long reminiscent of blonde hair. The blonde won. While the blonde went into the area covered up by white temporary walls, I saw another man with a bow and quiver up in the air on a platform looking down on the blonde. This other man had his bow drawn, arrow at the ready, but he wasn't firing.

Lightning flashed and when the light cleared away, I was met with a brunette woman with black slacks and a white shirt walking down a hall with Pepper. While the other woman didn't look particularly dangerous, I was able to spot a small lump in her shirt just a small distance above the crook of her arm. A very small gun, but a gun none the less.

A bird flew by the window, but when I turned back I saw a man surrounded by screens. He had on a black trench coat and an eye patch covered his left eye. One of the people on the screens spoke.

"Director Fury, the council has made a decision."

The man with the eye patch, presumably Director Fury, answered with, "I recognize the council has made a decision, but given that it's a stupid ass decision, I've elected to ignore it."

Another one of the people on the screens talked. "Director, you're closer than any of our subs, you scramble that jet-" They tried to say, but were interrupted by the Director.

"That is the island of Manhattan, Councilman. Until I'm certain my team can't hold it, I will not order a nuclear strike against a civilian population." Well, I can definitely agree and say that that is a stupid ass decision for these people to be making. Though, that may just be my New Yorker coming out.

The Councilman tried again, "If we don't hold them in the air, we lose everything."

"I send that bird out, we already have." Director Fury quipped before shutting off the screens.

I quickly shot up and then immediately fell off of the couch in a mess of limbs, squeaking on my way down since I hadn't expected that to happen. I looked around and found a pillow that had been on the couch had followed me in my fall off of it. I took the pillow, stuffed my face into it, and screamed.

When I finally stopped because breathing is a thing, I looked up to see Tony by the table near me with an ice pack held to his head looking at me with an incredulous look. Keeping all emotion from my face I said very calmly to him, "Birth is a curse and existence is a prison." before letting my face fall back down into the pillow. Why is it that when something major happens, the people I care about always seem to be involved? I hate demigod dreams.