His Sister

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe

Tony's POV

When Percy and I were rescued, Rhodey refused to leave my side, and since I refused to leave Percy's side, we all stayed together. The first thing Rhodey said to me was, "How was the FunV?" Then he noted Percy's presence there.

"She's a friend, she was trapped with me."

Rhodey nodded in appreciation and looked to her. "Anyone brave enough to be friends with Tony is a friend of mine." It was then that he saw that I was supporting her and he found the bullet wounds. "Let's get you two fixed up and back to civilization."

Percy was able to get the bullets removed from her leg, and stitched up the bullet holes and the graze on her neck, which they had to patch up with bandages instead of stitches. The medical team said that it was a miracle that she was even alive, if the bullet had been even a fraction of a centimeter to the left, it would have hit the major artery connecting her head's blood flow to the rest of her body. She might have bled out in that cave, she's lucky to still be here at all.

They gave her a cast and a boot and some crutches so she could get around better, and they gave me a sling for my arm, which had gotten damaged landing in the sand like I had. And from the explosion. They gave us new clothes, and some food and water, but I gave my food to Percy, who seemed to need a lot more food than I did. We didn't have much food when we were there, but now, she was eating like it would be the last thing that she ever ate. She was also plenty nervous about being up in the air. When I asked about it, she told me 'I don't belong in the sky, it isn't my territory.' Something along those lines.

After hours of flying, all of it spent by Percy's side(Rhodey had gone to sleep while Percy and I stayed up talking, me trying to calm Percy down whenever there was slight turbulence), we finally got ready to touch down in California, Rhodey waking up and coming to our side to help us off the plane. Percy was more than happy to get off of the plane, and she was curious about everything. She hadn't properly seen California since she was a teenager all those years ago. Even then, she didn't have time for the sights, seeing as each time she was there she was trying not to die or trying to save a friend. She wanted to know what my life was like before I had been taken to that cave. Like her, I had shared some of my stories, but they seemed like far off distant memories, almost like a fantasy world, whereas this was reality. It would never be the same ever again.

Walking out of the plane, Rhodey by my side and helping Percy, we went back into the world. There were people waiting for me, and from their reactions, they certainly didn't expect me to be helping a woman out of the plane.

When I saw the stretcher, I looked at Percy and she shook her head.

"Are you kidding me? Get rid of this." I said, dismissing it and the people pushing it took it away.

I also saw Miss Potts waiting by a car and walked us up to her.

"Your eyes are red. Few tears for your long lost boss?"

"Tears of joy. I hate job hunting." Miss Potts replied with a smile before looking to Percy standing next to me awkwardly. "May I ask who this is?"

"I'm Percy." She kept her introduction short.

"Pepper Potts. It's nice to meet you Percy," Miss Potts said with a small smile.

"Okay, vacation's over, let's go," I said after a few moments of silence.

We all got in the car, with Percy in the middle and that's when Happy spoke. "Where to, sir?"

"Take us to the hospital ple-"