Chapter 14

"Hello?" Tyler asked as he answered the phone. "Sergeant Tyler Wolf, right?"
"Yes, and you are?"
"I'm Tulip Jones. Head of MI6." Alex had been gone for a week and during that week, Alan Blunt was sacked and replaced by Tulip Jones, previous deputy head of MI6.
"Ah. Afternoon Madame. What can I do for you?"
"Actually. I don't need anything... I, uh, just called to tell you some bad news." Tyler's heart was hammering in his chest, threatening to explode out from his chest. Please not be about Cub. Please not be about Cub. Tyler repeated it over and over in his head. "I'm sorry... Alex died." Tyler swear his heart is stopping. "How?" He manage to choke out through his emotions that all rushed out. He was so upset, he thinks tears are spilling out but he doesn't care anymore. His soldier is dead. The best of the best soldier and agent died. "He came back from a mission, really weak. But he completed the mission with flying colours. He collapsed after handing in his mission status. We rushed him to the hospital where the doctors say he's in a critical and unstable condition. His heart stopped that night. His heart destroyed itself and stopped pumping. The doctors couldn't revive him." Mrs Jones was crying and you can hear it in her voice. "I'm sorry Madame."
"Me too. We shouldn't have dragged him in."
"He was a fine soldier and agent Madame. I'm sure it would be more respectful to give him a full military funeral."
"Yes. I'll arrange it." Mrs Jones said, sounding determined. "Thank you Madame."
"Will you lead funeral, sergeant?" It wasn't an order. It was a plead. "Yes Madame. I would be honored to lead his funeral."
"Thank you." Mrs Jones whispered and hung up. Tyler buried his face into his folded arms as he cried. He never cried over a soldier so much. But. Cub was special. He was different. So selfless, so smart, so brave, so strong. Cub was so young but age didn't matter in his eye as long as they meet his standard, he is happy with them.
Tyler wiped the tears from his face and walked out to the mess hall where the soldiers are currently having breakfast. The soldiers that was mean to Alex had changed after he told them that Alex was dying. They realized that they were mean and had been wanting to apologize since. But it's too late.
"Soldiers! Can I have your attention please!" Tyler exclaimed. Everyone quietened down and looked at him. "Last night, Cub died." Tyler said sadly. He could see everyone's shock and sad expression. Some of their heads bowed in sadness. "How?" Snake whispered. "He came back with a mission success and collapsed after reporting the mission status. They sent him to hospital. The doctors said he was in a critical and unstable condition. His heart stopped pumping that night after destroying itself."
*********
Alex was given a full military funeral and his name was engraved on the memorial stone for agents that have outstanding performance until they were KIA. Yassen attended as a soldier but he had changed his eye colour with contacts and dyed his hair and applied a little makeup to change his facial appearance. After the funeral, Yassen stayed for a bit more out of sight and as himself. A tear ran down the cold assassin's cheek. He made a silent vow to Alex. He vowed to destroy Scorpia. The organization that destroyed and killed the one he loved.

THE END!!! I hope you guys enjoyed this!!! <3<3<3<3