Chapter 5

During dinner, Alex did the same thing he did during lunch. He frowned at the food, push it around, push it away then play with his ring and fingers. Why isn't he eating?
"Why aren't you eating?"
Alex shook his head. He isn't hungry. "But you're so skinny! You have to eat more!" Snake said, medic mode kicking in. Alex shook his head, no.
*******
The next day, this happened during breakfast, lunch and dinner. He hadn't eaten for two days straight. They confronted Alex. "Eat." Tyler order, shoving a apple towards Alex. Alex frowned but put the apple to his mouth and took a bite. He raised his eyebrows at Tyler, asking if he is happy now. "Nope. Finish it." Alex took another bite. But it took him longer to finish an apple than finish an assault course.
For the next two weeks, they had to force Alex to eat even though he kept trying to run away from it.
"Cub." Tyler called out from his table quietly. Alex looked at him. "Are you anorexic?" K-unit and the instructors look at Alex. Alex looked at Tyler. He shook his head and stood up, he walked out of the mess hall.
Alex leaned against a tree in the forest. A gun shot rang out.
"What was that?" Eagle asked. "Sounds like a gun shot..." Wolf said as he stood up. "Where are you going?" A soldier asked. "Look for Cub." Wolf answered as his unit followed their leader out.
Alex was sliding down to the base of the tree when he heard the gun shot. He felt a searing pain as something hit his throat. On instinct, Alex grabbed his throat it was wet and sticky and warm. Blood. Alex fell on his knees and on his side, choking on his own blood. It was meant for his heart but because he was sliding down the tree. He got lucky again but he might not be so lucky to survive. Alex grunted as the pain was excruciating. The edge of his vision darkened. No one would come. Then Yassen's face came into view after Alex heard in a distance someone running off. I'm hallucinating. Why Yassen though?
"Alex." Yassen whispered as he pressed a cloth to Alex's throat. Then he bandage it up as best as he could. "Come on Alex. Stay with me." Yassen whispered as he picked Alex up and left.
"What do you guys think was shot?" fox asked. "I hope it's not Cub." Everyone was. Until they saw something. A spot near the base of a tree had a puddle of blood. Whats worse is Alex's military pin was there.