Chapter 10

Alex sat on the hotel bed watching as Yassen set up his equipment. Yassen was suppose to assassinate a preacher that knew too much about Scorpia and is gonna turn against them if they don't do what the preacher wants them to do. Yassen selected the hotel in front of the preacher's church. Yassen trained the sniper rifle towards the entrance of the church. Soon, Yassen spotted the preacher exiting the church. Yassen shifted it to point to the preacher's head and pulled the trigger. Quick and simple. No one will ever know who did it. Or where it came from. Yassen made it look like it was from the hotel next to theirs.
The next day, Alex's condition somehow worsen. Yassen heard people storming the place. They can't get out. Only one of them can, but Alex is barely able to move. People kicked at the door, trying to break open it. Alex looked at Yassen. Alex jerked his head towards the window. Yassen got the hint. He cuffed one of Alex's wrist to the headboard and knocked Alex out with a swift chop to the back of his neck. Yassen watched, in pain and regret, as Alex's eyes rolled to the back of his head and collapse on the bed, unmoving. Alex told Yassen to go because Yassen saved his on a number of occasions. Yassen escaped through the window as the door burst open. Serbia's army officers stormed the place pointing their rifles. When they saw the thin pale boy that is unconscious and handcuffed to the headboard of the bed, they lowered their weapons. "Poor kid." A lady among the officers said in Serbian as she moved to him and gently remove the cuffs. "Poor boy! He's ice cold!" The lady exclaimed as she gathered the sheets around the boy, hoping it would help, and carried him to the ambulance that they called.
"What do you guys think happened to the hottie?" The lady asked as they waited. "Don't know... But he looks bad... He's really pale..." A guy replied.
"How is he?" A guy asked the doctor when he came out. "He's in a stable condition for now. His internal organs are destroying themselves... I fear he might not make it. Even if he does, he might not have long to live. This must have been causing him a lot of pain. I can't believe his heart is still beating when you guys brought him in." A figure in the hallway out of sight, leaned back against the wall as the heard what the doctor said. The figure turned to leave after hearing what he needs. With that, Yassen Gregorovich left to go back to Scorpia's headquarters. - I, as the author, have vowed not to reveal where Scorpia's headquarters are. Or else they are gonna kill me... Now let's get back to the story. -