nine

"Hey y/n, do you wanna come with us to go get Killua back?" Gon asked as you walked up to each other. You didn't have to think very hard about your answer, after all, Killua was your friend now too.

"When do we leave?"

-------------------

3 weeks later

-------------------

You let out a deep sigh as you walked away from the Zoldyck estate with your friends, relieved that the ordeal was finally over, finally taking the time to process everything that just happened.

Killua noticed your deep sigh and glanced at you before asking, "You okay, y/n?"

He was in a good mood, walking next to Gon, and you were a little surprised by his question. You knew that Killua considered you a friend but you also knew that you guys weren't that close. Maybe after this entire ordeal, you were able to level up in terms of friendship. You wondered if it was okay to ask him a question considering he seemed to be in a good mood, "Yeah, I'm fine, but hey, I have a question for you," you started and he looked at you, waiting.

"Yeah... uh... say, how would you feel if I married Illumi?" you asked, feeling a little awkward. He choked and stopped in his tracks, coughing a few times before turning to face you completely.

"You wouldn't..." he said, almost looking scared, and you agreed with him. You weren't interested in marriage at all right now. You were still young and hadn't traveled to all the new and different places you dreamed of, and marrying would only hinder you. Besides, you weren't even interested in Illumi, your interaction with him had been minimal, and from what you did know of him, you didn't like him very much at all.

You nodded, "You're right, I wouldn't. Your mom just asked me to be his fiancée when I met her earlier and I was wondering how you would react," you shrugged as both of you resumed walking.

Killua still looked a little uneasy. "So what did you say to that?" he asked, walking with his hands behind his head now.

You huffed, "I told her I was still too young. I want to travel the world and a marriage would only keep me from doing that."

Killua laughed a bit before responding, "If you don't give her a definite 'no' then she's never gonna give up on you," and you looked at him in surprise. Surely he was jusst kidding, wasn't your answer a straightforward no?

"You're kidding, right?" you asked, feeling uneasy. It was a joke, right? But then you remembered that this was the Zoldyck family you were talking about and realized that it wasn't. Killua just gave you a cocky smile and you sighed.

"Well, let's just hope that you never meet her again then," He said with that smile as you carried on, hoping to drop the conversation at this point (even though you were the one who brought it up).

On your way to the nearest city with an airport, Kurapika mentioned that he would be going to Yorknew City by September 1st to find the Phantom Troupe, and everyone else decided they would head there too, so you figured it wouldn't hurt to include yourself in that too. When you arrived, Kurapika and Leorio announced that they were going to go their own ways for now, and you realized that you still had to report to Kushana before you could go anywhere else.

"I'll be going back home for a short while, so I'll see you all later!" you said, getting ready to split up with them.

"Well, until we meet again," started Leorio, and you all nodded.

"On September 1st, in Yorknew City!" everyone said together, and you all said your goodbyes before splitting up and heading off to your separate destinations.