Chapter 7: Brunt Cookies and Agents

Merry Christmas Wattpadians! Enjoy the read!

~Piglove29

At a little apartment in Queens, the brown-haired teen bobbed his head to the rhythm of Christmas rap music blasting through his headphones. He was cleaning his room; a long overdue task when your life is filled with crime fighting and a mountain of homework! Not to mention a certain Italian trench coated gang that has been after him for months! Now, it was the holidays, and P was able to finally catch-up on his tasks and spend quality time with his aunt May. 

His heightened smell picked up gingersnap cookies, gingersnap cookies that were on the brink of becoming brunt! Aunt May, not the cookies again! P groaned, running out of his room and leaping over the couch and coffee table, striking a classic Spider-man pose as he landed on the ground in front of the oven door. Grabbing potholders, he yanked it open and brought out the slightly darkened but yet still golden cookies. 

May stood behind him, glaring at her nephew, oven gloves on, wearing an apron printed across read "kiss the elf". Her hands positioned on her hips, she said "You know my cookies did not need saving. I had a timer." 

Just then, the timer on her smartphone blared off. P simply shrugged his shoulders saying, "Hey, I'm a hero and that means saving cookies from their near brunt existence!" 

May laughed and ruffled her nephew's hair, before taking a spatula, putting the gingersnap cookies in a Christmas tin. Wearing a lopsided grin, P snagged a cookie before his Aunt May could swat him with the spatula. 

"Oh, so close, elf May!" teased P. 

P heard footsteps approaching their apartment door. 

"I'll get it!" P exclaimed without hesitation, again leaping over the furniture, to land right in front of the door. May simply shook her head, still bewildered of her nephew's albites. P opened the door, as one of the figures raised their fist to knock on the door. The figures, a little shocked underneath their sunglasses, at the exuberate teen. Peter immediately recognized the two S.H.E.I.L.D agents; Hawkeye and Black Widow. 

Hawkeye noticed P eyes lit-up in recognition of the two of them and he explained, "Hi Peter, you properly recognized us from that day by the alley way." 

Not wanting to waste small talk by their apartment door, BW cut in, "May we come in?" 

"Yes, yes please!", the star struck teen opened the door wider, gesturing towards the couches. Oh boy the S.H.E.I.L.D agents are back again and at my apartment! P inwardly squealed. 

May walked around the counter towards the couches, wiping her hands on a towel to see these unusual guests arriving at this late hour. P shut the door and May gestured the S.H.E.I.L.D agents towards the set of couches. A serious formality emitted from the guests as they all took their seats. 

"Hi May Parker, we have come to your apartment on behalf of S.H.E.I.L.D and regarding your nephew, Peter Parker." Hawkeye began. 

A worried expression glossed over May's features, "Is our safety in jeopardy because of that trench coat gang that has been after my nephew for months?". 

A glance was exchanged between the two agents before Hawkeye spoke, "No Mame, not exactly. In fact, we have been keeping a close watch over you and your nephew these past few months from the Italian trench coat gang group that has been attempting to kidnap him." 

May nervously rubbed her fingers, as P wrapped an arm around his Aunt, comforting her. 

BW added in her Russian accent, "We are actually here to take P to S.H.E.I.L.D headquarters. There has been word that the main leader of this gang, shall be at a Christmas Gala. The Italian gang leader has already tried countless of times to kidnap P, each time more desperate than the last. So, if we could have your nephew at this Gala, we could expose the leader. Once we have the leader in custody, you and your nephew's safety will be no longer in jeopardy." 

"Will give you two a few minutes to think about it." chimed in H. 

P watched his aunt quietly ponder the plan. A complex expression written on her face, Is this the right thing to do? Willingly put my nephew in a dangerous situation? But then again, does he not already do that every day being Spider-man? What does my nephew think? She returned her glance back up at Peter. 

"Your call." She responded to her nephew, who then faced the S.H.E.I.L.D agents. 

The aunt is asking her nephew, who is still a minor, to decide? This is unusual observed BW. 

P's fanboying wore off, and the reality of the decision started to sink in. This Italian trenchcoated gang has been complicated to catch as Spider-man! It has threatened my civilian identity and my aunt. However, joining S.H.E.I.L.D on this mission, my identity could be reveled since H and BW have met Spider-man before and not to mention that day in the alleyway! P inwardly sighed, I know what my decision is. P cleared his throat, catching the attention of BW and H. 

"If it means safety once more for my aunt and I, I shall come to the Christmas Gala." P replied, a serious expression written on his face. 

"Great, we shall pick you up here at three tomorrow. At S.H.E.I.L.D, will provide the tux and whatever else is needed for the mission." responded H. 

BW, stood-up in a professional matter, satisfied with the discussion and eager to head back to HQ with the answer. She extended her hand towards P and May, who shook in return. BW waited beside the door as H finished shaking hands with May. He locked eyes with the tall lady, sincerity in his tone, "Your nephew will be in safe hands during our mission." May nodded her head, "Yes, I know that he will." She shook hands with the man. 

H then focused his attention on the teenager. He broke out in a grin and rested a hand on P's shoulder remembering the teen's awestruck eyes in their few encounters, "Looking forward to working with you Pete or should I say..." he formed finger guns at P, "... Agent Parker." 

P laughed as he shook hands with H. Both S.H.E.I.L.D agents leave out the door. P flops on the couch, trying to gather his thoughts to what was happening. MISSION...I'm really going on a S.H.E.I.L.D mission! Along with H and BW! Ned is totally going to flip-out when he hears this! I cannot wait for tomorrow!

D mission! Along with H and BW! Ned is totally going to flip-out when he hears this! I cannot wait for tomorrow!