Prolgue: Mission Impossible

MISSION: To Gather Intelligence of Advanced Idea Mechanics (AIM)'s Motives

YEAR: 2008

LOCATION: Somewhere in Europe

The four agents have successfully infiltrated AIM's base by creating fake IDs and disguises. It has been a week before they were granted full access to AIM's warehouse. During this time, none are able to call up S.H.E.I.L.D due to the risk of being exposed as a double agents. They are now in the main room where all of AIM's plans for lethal weapons are being downloaded currently on a couple of USB hard drives.

"Did we absolutely download everything MacR7?" an anxious agent asked her brunette-haired comrade. MacR7 glanced at the computer screen before typing in a few more keystrokes, "Just have to break through another layer of encryption code for these lethal weapons plans and then I believe we shall have everything, Heart Knight." As MacR7 continued to type and download, the rest of the agents monitored the doors and the security cameras for any approaching AIM agents. A chorus of disgruntled mutters could be seen by a group of AIM agents. One of the AIM agents gestured wildly towards the main office where the agents were currently in. The agent with an archer bow and gloved hands shouted, "Guys, we are about to attract company unless we leave this office right now!"

"Okay thanks for the warning Hawkeye." replied Heart Knight. "Come on come on..." muttered MacR7, brown panic eyes watched the percentage download from 90% to 100%. "Yes, successfully downloaded!" exclaimed MacR7 while ejecting the drives and storing them into his specialized spy pockets. Before the agents could escape out of the door, a swarm of yellow suited AIM agents greeted them. From down the two halls, to the staircase in front of them, the agents realized that they were surrounded. The main AIM leader on the top of the stair case was the only person who the agents could read his facial expression, as the rest wore full masks. With a scowl and a fist in the air, the main AIM agent spoke "I demand you S.H.E.I.L.D agents to give back the information you stole from us and we shall let you go peacefully after some interrogation. And if you refuse," a sinister grin lit his breaded face "...well you know our reputation." The wheels turned in each agent head as they considered their possible options out of their predicament. Each agent knew that AIM was an organization known to succeed with their evil plans no matter the cost to humanity. Agent Heart shared a look with her comrades to confirm; they were going to put up a fight if that meant saving humanity and risking their own lives to do it. Weapons in hand, the four agents formed a semi-circle, fixing their eyes on all three groups of AIM agents. Agent Heart Knight held a neon laser sword, Black Widow clasp in each hand her electrifying batons. Hawkeye readied an arrow on the nock of his bow and kneeled down to take aim. The rest of the AIM agents aimed their weapons at the group. To everyone shock, MacR7 held no weapons and instead raised his hands in mock surrender. "What are you doing?" Black Widow, the fourth agent, mouthed to MacR7. "Trust me," he responded before addressing the main AIM agent saying, "This is a pretty big decision you just gave us you know? Can you give us some time to think about it?" Before the flabbergasted AIM leader could reply, MacR7 slammed the door in front of his face, locking it in the process. He whipped out a spy gadget that resembled a blow torch, while his comrades wasted no time moving furniture towards the door. Banging and shouting could be heard outside the door. "Anytime and weapons will be used to take the door down. At least it gives us a few minutes of time with the door being sealed shut." MacR7 assures. Hawkeye looks outside the big glass window to the 60-meter drop. A few AIM agents patrolled below. "It looks like our only escape is through that window, with an added bonus of a death drop." Hawkeye observes. All look at the window to see how they could make their escape when sirens are heard, and more yellow suited agents gather around at the bottom of the building. Heart Knight's petite frame sags as she realizes the weight of her team's situation. "It's all my fault. I should have gotten part of our team to be on the look-out in the forest. That way they could have communicated with S.H.E.I.L.D and escape without being caught in this mess." Her emotion broke at the last sentence. Hawkeye and Black Widow did not know what to say as their usual confident leader was the one who encouraged and gave them comfort throughout this mission. MacR7 wrapped an arm around Heart Knight's shoulders, giving it a tender squeeze. "You are a fine leader Heart Knight. Your loyalty and encouragement have kept us going. Two great qualities that make up a great leader and a wonderful wife." He grinned lovingly staring into his wife's water brimmed eyes. Hawkeye, baffled, sign language to Black Widow "Did you know about them being husband and wife." Black Widow smirked "Of course. Took you long enough." MacR7 thinks of an idea and raises his wife's chin. "Our son would want us to never give up. Remember our motto?" MacR7 asked. The two in unison state the Parker family motto: "No matter the situation we face, giving up is never an option." With renewed energy, Heart Knight got to her feet and surveyed the area. A loud creak startled the four agents as their room of safety was being compromised. Heart Knight motioned everyone to listen "Okay here's the plan. Hawkeye aims his zipline arrow to that pine tree outside. Black widow, I shall need your 'widow bits'. MacR7, give Black widow the smoke bombs so that as we zipline and make our escape, the AIM agents won't be able to see us leaving." Sharing intense glances with everyone she spoke in a calm voice "I shall be the last one to leave." MacR7 attempted to reason with his wife but what was the use? Once his wife had a plan, there was no way to convince her otherwise. Everyone nodded their heads with the agreement to the plan. The window is yanked open and Hawkeye aims a zipline arrow towards the tall pine tree. MacR7 throws down smoke bombs blinding the AIM agents below. "See you on the other side whichever that may be." Hawkeye salutes before repealing down. The door to the room is sliced open by a machine. AIM agents start wreaking the furniture, attempting to reach them. Black Widow is poised on the edge of the window frame, concern for MacR7 and Heart Knight's life. She leans down to Heart Knight, "Let me stay behind; I do not have many relations that shall miss me if I perish. But you and your husband have your son." Heart Knight cast her gaze to the incoming threat. MacR7 was already starting to combat with a few AIM agents. Heart knight faces Black Widow, determination written on her face "My husband and I will make through this one like we have a dozen times before. But losing a comrade on a mission I cannot risk." A bomb is thrown towards their way. "Now go!" shouts Heart Knight as she covers the bomb with an adhesive, smothering the explosion. Black Widow repels down, her stomach tying in knots as she hears ammunition being fired. Will the duo be able to survive this mission?

Hawkeye sat on one of the branches talking with Nick Fury, the leader of S.H.E.I.L.D on the comms. "When should we expect the reinforcements to come? "We are above you right now." swiftly answered Nick Fury. The small helicarrier rested in a clearing of the forest. As Hawkeye and Black Widow clambered down the pine tree, the line of the zipline arrow started to jerk from the smoke-filled sky. Hope and relief filled their hearts as they saw the familiar brunette agent along with their petite fearless leader, clinging together. Hawkeye squinted his eyes towards the pair; were the two using a pail handle with duct tape at the two ends? He shook his hand side to side; that MacR7 was quite resourceful! The helicarrier rose up with Black Widow and Hawkeye standing on the wing. They picked up the duo aiding them inside. Black Widow knitted her brow as she noticed Heart Knight gritting her teeth and clutching her side. "Are you alright?" Black Widow asked Heart Knight, supporting her into the helicarrier door. "Oh, nothing to really fuss about just had one of the AIM agents shot at me as we were leaving, Ow." she moaned painfully. Heart Knight was sent to the medical quarters of the helicarrier. If I insisted on being last she would not be hurtBlack Widow thought, guilt laying on her heart.

Everyone settled into the small helicarrier on their way to S.H.E.I.L. D's main headquarters in the United states.

No one word could fit to describe how relieved everyone was to be alive! Tears of joy cascaded down smoke smudged faces. "See, told you we shall see each other on the other side!" Hawkeye proclaimed receiving chuckles as they considered how close they were to death in the hands of the AIM agents. As everyone settled into their chairs with their refreshments, a calmness settled into the room. The gentle hum of the hellicarrier filled in the silence, settling their rapid heart rates. Hawkeye looked at the wonder duo, "How old is your son?" he asked. MacR7 answered "He is five." Heart Knight's blue eyes gleamed proudly as she added "And he has already started studying third grade mathematics and science!" Hawkeye whistled "There is no doubt that he will grow up to be an amazing young man just like his parents." A soft chuckle erupted from the duo and the two shared a glance "He sure will."