Chapter 10: The Compromised Operation

"Lights, camera, action!" The EPIC tales of Agent Parker begins now!

~Piglove29 

Our three fine S.H.E.I.L.D agents find themselves in a larger room. There is a window to the far corner, a metal chair and table are set in the middle. BW and H are tied up together by the window, with a couple trench coat gang members standing by. How will our 'ordinary' hero spy get out of this jam?

The bright fluorescent lights buzzed overhead, causing Agent Parker a terrible headache to his already blaring Spidey sense.

Peter massaged his temple as he asked Antonio behind him, "Why have you brought me here?"

"Silence!" responded Antonio, prodding the gun further into the back of the teenager's shoulder blades, causing Peter to wince and furrow his brow in discomfort. Antonio then placed his index finger up towards his ear; "Si, the kid is here, and we have his associates tied up and ready for you," Pause, "See you soon, Signora."

An awkward and dreaded silence was felt in the room as everyone waited for the gang leader. Even though this was a sound proof room, Agent Parker noted, he could still hear the faint sounds of Clack, click, clack, click, coming from down the hallway towards the door. An order was barked in Italian, "Open the door". Why do I recognize that voice! P realized. The door opened and there stood the benefactor of the Christmas gala. Agent P's face lit-up in understanding as he grasp what he mind pieced together; The benefactor for the party is the same Italian lady that had attempted to kidnap Ned and I in the alley the other day! Her heavy makeup and steady, determined eyes, glossed over from BW and H in the corner, to P standing beside the table. A coy grin appeared on her face as she began giving orders for her gang members to close the door behind them and to make sure the window was securely locked.

Agent Parker, despite being fearful in this situation, spoke up, "What are your plans for me and my fellow agents?"

The Italian lady fiddled with her shiny red purse before reveling in her silky red gloved hands THE box. THE box stolen from S.H.E.I.L.D containing formulas that agent P's parents have created before their death in an airplane! It confounded P; THE box that this organization clearly stole but for what sole purpose and what did this have to do with me? The IL read P's puzzled faced and explained, "THIS box," laying it delicately on the metal table, "contains formulas that could enhance my associate's technologies. We tried opening this box by other means but there was no way to get around the DNA scanner without having a Parker to open it."

Pulling out the metal chair and she gestures for him to sit down. Agent Parker realizes that if he tried refusing to open THE box, H and BW were utterly defenseless due to their cuffs. Defeated, he took a sit.

The Italian lady red lips parted into a smirk, remembering the alleyway fight, this time knowing she had the teenager cornered between his allies' lives and his own life being threatened; her plan was succeeding. Standing behind the teenager, she ordered, "Now, open up the box."

Agent Parker stared at the box marvelling how this small box full of formulas were his parents hard work over the years ever since their employment with S.H.E.I.L.D. If given into the wrong hands, such as the Italian lady and her associates, this could mean the world's destruction! He could not let her have this box; even if that meant putting his life and his allies' lives in danger. 

Taking a deep breath, Agent Parker stated in a low tone, "As I open this box, you should know one thing that my parents instilled in me Signora; no matter what the situation we face, giving up is never an option."

Before anyone could react, he scooped up the box into his inside suit jacket pocket, simultaneously kicking the chair backwards to the stunned Italian lady, causing her to stumble on her unstable heels and fall to the ground.