His friends

"Hey y/n, how would you feel about meeting my friends?"

I choke on the goldfish I was eating and my thoughts start racing. His friends? Oh god, he probably means the Dream Team. I've only been talking to Nick through voice call for like 2 weeks, can I even handle talking to more famous people? What if they think I'm a clout chaser? Oh god, they might hate me.

I was probably silent for too long because my thoughts were interrupted by a tentative "Y/n?"

I snapped out of my haze. " You don't have to if it would make you uncomfortable but they're all really chill I promise," Nick says to me.

I laugh. "I'm sure they're great people Nick, I just don't want to embarrass you or anything..."

I hear Nick scoff through my headset. "Don't be fucking stupid, they'd love you."

His tone softens. "And besides, you could never embarrass me. I know it's kind of intimidating but it doesn't have to be. I'd just love it if you guys got along y'know?"

I buried my face in my hands. I know that Nick would never pressure me, and if I decline he'll probably drop it but... I lift my head.

He deserves this at the very least.

"Y'know what, I'm down! When is a good time to call?"

---

I fidgeted in my seat as I waited for Sapap to join the TeamSpeak. Two days had passed since I'd agreed to talk to his friends and I was beginning to wish that I had given myself more time to prepare.

I took a deep breath to settle my stomach. It'll be fine, Just act natural. We had planned to play Minecraft together and Nick had DMed me the server IP so I was already online

A ringing sound came through my headset as Sapnap joined my channel. "Hey y/n! We're all joining the world now, are you ready?" he asked me.

"Yea, I'm already in the world!" I replied. Two more ringing sounds played signaling Dream and George had joined the TeamSpeak and all three of the boys joined the Minecraft game.

"Hi, Y/n!!" Dream says enthusiastically as he makes his Minecraft character crouch in front of mine.

"Hello!" George's character begins crouching in front of you as well and both he and Dream crowd around you.

"Aye! Personal space!" Sapnap runs up and punches both of them away. "You're gonna scare y/n"

"What? How dAre you, I'm not scary." Dream replies, punching Sapnap. "I take offense to that."

"Hey! Don't punch me!" Sapnap says, punching Dream.

"You did it first!" Dream punches Sapnap again and soon enough there is a full out war happening. George has somehow gotten himself involved and he is chasing Sapnap in circles, hitting him with seeds, while Dream follows them wielding a stick in each hand.

You burst out giggling and that seems to get their attention. "Well good luck with that, I'm going to go build a house." You say, walking towards a group of trees.

"Well I'm also going to build a house and it's going to be better than yours," Sapnap declares, following you.

You gasp, "We can have a house building competition! Dream you can be the judge because you don't even have a house on your own SMP."

"I HAVE A HOUSE I SWEAR" Dream yells into his mic as Sapnap laughs at him.

The four of you bicker while gathering resources and divvy up the flat land so each of you has space to build.

10 or so minutes later you glance over at Sapnap's house and snicker as you realize Dream has been secretly stripping all of the logs that Sapnap has placed. You pause building to watch and see how long it will take Sapnap to notice.

Almost a full minute passes when he notices Dream trailing behind him and actually steps back to look at his house. "Wait- DREAM WHAT THE FUCK!"

Dream wheezes and you join in the laughter.

Sapnap turns to face you. "You knew about this?!" He says, hurt.

"I'm sorry!" You say between fits of giggles. "I didn't think it would take you that long to notice!"

Sapnap huffs, annoyed. "Dream needs to stop trolling. You're such a troll Dream."

George scoffs into his mic. "Don't insult trolls like that. Trolls are cool, they're big and they have clubs. If Dream was a troll his club would be tiny." He says, taking a sip of water.

Sapnap snickers. "Yeah, you like 'em big and thick, Dontcha George?"

George chokes on his water, followed by an extremely delayed "wwwwWHAAT?" from Dream.

You laugh until your stomach cramps up. Sapnap has really nice friends.

~~~~~

AN:

Sapnap's sass and pg 13 sense of humor are some of the reasons why I love him so ya know I had to include them. 

Also please tell me someone else knows what I mean when it says "wwwwWHAAT?" Dream literally does it all the time, it's so funny 😭

I realize these might seem like filler chapters to some people but I honestly think they're important to the story. Small things like these are how you build a relationship with someone and I do want this story to be a little bit slowburn.

Also, thank you for 550 reads! Y'all are the swaggiest <3