Breakfast

I lifted my head, rubbing my eyes, awoken by the sunlight filtering in through the windows.  The sun was high in the sky and the room was warm but I still felt cold. I pulled the blankets tight around myself. I was alone on the couch now. 

Did Nick leave already? Would he leave without telling m- 

My thoughts are interrupted by a loud clang followed by a less loud "Fuck!" coming from the kitchen.

When the hell?

I get off the couch, still wrapped in blankets, and peer into the kitchen. Nick's eyes meet mine, and he smiles, sheepishly. "Sorry, did I wake you up?" He's in the kitchen with two plates of eggs and what was once a cup of water, now knocked over and spilled on the countertop. He's got a towel in his hands, midway through cleaning up the mess.

He notices my staring and glances down at his hands. "Ah, sorry about that! I was trying to make breakfast for you when you woke up because you were nice enough to let me stay over, but I somehow managed to spill this. I'll clean it up though, don't worry!"

He looks back at me and giggles, just now taking in my appearance. "Why did you bring the blankets to the kitchen?"

"It's cold!" I whine, pouting.

He smiles at me. "Well you're gonna knock something over with those bulky blankets," he pauses, "Here, take my hoodie instead." He unties his black hoodie from his waist and gives it to me.

I take it from him, my face tingling. He always manages to do that to me.

I drag the blankets back to the couch and slip the hoodie over my head. It's warm, and it smells like old spice. I let myself breathe it in before going back to the kitchen

Nick has cleaned up the water and he's setting the table when I walk back in.

He looks at me and grins. "I hope you like eggs"

I smile back. "I'll love anything you make me. Thank you, by the way, you didn't need to do this." I sit down across from him.

"Yeah, but I felt kinda bad about staying over. Besides, you deserve it."

I stare at my plate as my face heats up and I let myself smile. "Thanks, Nick," I say, softly.

I let myself fall into conversation with him like I always do. Not a minute passes before he has me clutching my stomach laughing. We had long since finished our eggs when he looked at the clock on the wall. 

"Oh shit, it's 1 pm. I should probably get going, I was planning on streaming today."

oh. 

I don't want him to go.

I scold myself internally for being upset. He's been here for, like, 18 hours!  So I smile at him. "Okay! you should call me on discord later though." 

He grins. "Always".

---

Sapnaps stream ended an hour ago and I had been curled up on my couch and scrolling through Twitter ever since. I was still wearing his hoodie, I realized, glancing at the black sweater. I hadn't changed since Nick left.

I sighed, settling further into the couch cushions. Well, there was no point in changing now, so I might as well stay like this. I'm just being lazy. That's why I don't want to change.

I turn my attention back to my phone, noticing a familiar photo on my tl.

@user6:

My serotonin levels when I see this pic of Sapnap: 📈📈📈

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A smile found its way to my face without me realizing it, and it was right there as I was looking at the very same picture that everything became real. Because months ago I saw a boy in a headset with a cute smile. And before me now was a whole person. A person with fears and flaws and ambitions. And I had fallen for him.

I want to be near him, I want to talk to him, I want to laugh with him. I want him.

I squeeze my eyes shut and pull at the drawstrings of my hoodie. His hoodie.

Fuck.

AN:

KASHBFCLKHBDEKIH

YALL

12.7 k reads TYSMM!!!

AHHHH this slow burn is kinda getting somewhereeeeeee

I lowkey like this chapter! I hope u do 2 :p

STAY SAFE AND REMEMBER 2 TAKE UR MEDS <3333