Movie Night

AN:

I TOOK A LONG TIME TO UPDATE BUT 5K READS AND 177 VOTES HOLY SHIT LOL

TYSM 

~~~~~

"God this week has been shit" I whine to Nick over call. Finals are coming up so all the studying has completely drained me of energy.

"Wanna do something this weekend?" He suggests. "You could use a break from studying and I could use a break from your complaining." He says, teasing.

I scoff. "Rude but valid nonetheless. We could watch a movie or something? I've been trying to find the time to rewatch Sharkboy and Lavagirl." I tell him.

"Ah yes, a classic." He giggles. "I'm down. Tomorrow is Sunday, does that work?" He asks.

"Yea, that's fine," I tell him. "I own the movie on Amazon so we can watch it at my place. Does 8 o'clock work for a time?"

"Sure!" He says. "I'll bring snacks!"

"Oou I'll get a bunch of snacks too!" I say, grinning. I stay on call with Nick for another hour, now in a significantly better mood.

---

I stare at the assortment of junk food on the table in my living room, accomplished. There are chips, popcorn, pretzels, and MnMs, as well as cups, and blankets on the couch.

The doorbell sounds and I jump to open it, excited. Nick stands in the doorway, smiling.

"What snacks did you bring?" I ask him eagerly.

He opens his mouth in mock offense. "What kind of greeting was that?"

I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Starbursts," He says, holding up the bag.

I clap my hands and race back over to the couch, making myself comfortable while Nick takes off his shoes. He walks over to the couch as I turn on the tv to find Sharkboy and Lavagirl in my downloaded films.

"Make space, or perish." He says. It's the only warning I get before Nick flops down on the couch next to me.

"Ah- what the hell?" I say between fits of giggles, pushing him aside. I shove him off of me but he's still close enough that our arms are touching. My heart speeds up as he leans into the touch.

"C'mon y/n, start the movie!" He says, reaching for the popcorn.

I snap out of my haze and click the play button, getting some snacks of my own. Now is really not the time to feel smitten y/n. I scold myself, turning my attention to the movie.

---

It's only thirty minutes into the movie and we've already burst out laughing three times due to how painfully bad the special effects are.

"Dude, this was way cooler when I was a kid," Nick says and I laugh with him. Neither of us made an effort to move so we stay curled under the blankets together.

The movie ends an hour later but the option to play my next download movie, Spy kids, appears on the screen.

I glance at Nick, trying to keep a smile off my face. "I mean... It's another classic."

"I would be disrespectful not to!" Nick agrees, grinning. I click play.

It's 3 am, we've watched two more movies, and I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. A glance at Nick confirms that he's not doing any better.

"Hey, Nick you can just sleep on the couch if you want. It's late and you're tired, I don't think it's a good idea to drive home." I tell him.

He looks like he wants to protest but gives in. "I guess I can as long as it's not any trouble." He says, tentatively.

I laugh. "Of course not. The only trouble I'm gonna be having is gonna be dragging myself to my bed." I joke, rubbing my eyes to try and wake up.

Nick goes quiet for a moment. "You don't have to." He says. "I mean I feel bad for making you move, I can just sleep on the floor or something." He says quickly.

"There's no way I'm letting you sleep on the floor," I tell him sternly and then pause for a second. I was tired, and the room was cold, and Nick was warm. If I was being honest, I really didn't want to move. I wanted to stay with him.

"We can just share the couch, it's no big deal," I say, trying to be calm.

"Okay, if you're sure," Nick says, lying down and scooting over to make space for me. I lower myself down next to him, trying to relax but my whole body feels stiff and my face is tingling.

Not a minute passes before Nick starts giggling. "This is awkward isn't it?" he sighs. "It's kind of cramped too. You can go to your bed if you want."

I laugh with him. "I just don't want to make you uncomfortable."

Nick chuckles. "Oh, screw it. Here just lie on top of me, it's fine."

Fuck it. Before I can second guess myself I scoot over till I'm mostly on top of him and bury my head in the crook of his neck.

I can feel his chest rising and falling underneath me and his arms wrap around me. He smells like Old Spice. I let my eyes close and drift to sleep.

~~~~~

AN:

Cuddles make brain go brrrrr

Fun fact: Starbursts are Sapnap's favorite candy!

TSYM FOR EVERYTHING AGAIN