please come home for christmas (angst)

Bakugou Katsuki knew he had fucked up. He was currently sat in front of your fireplace, but the fire wasn't lit, so it gave a darker feeling to the room. Despite the dim glow of the Christmas tree that you two had assembled together a few weeks ago, it only dampened his mood. The majority of presents sprawled underneath were left untouched, most of which were addressed to you.

His presents had been ripped open, the wrapping paper bunched up all over the floor. He was usual the clean freak of the house, but he didn't feel like cleaning up his mess right now. After all, he was spending Christmas Day all alone.

He gripped the watch that he had in his hands. It was a luxury item that you had been working overtime to get him for this day, and he was wondering if that overtime was all for naught now that you were gone.

He sighed, gripping the gift in his hands as he leaned forward to grasp the tuft of his blond messy hair. He had been doing that all night tonight, and he wondered if he was going to go bald by the end. The clock was ticking, the long hand passing every second which drove him further and further into insanity.

He really did fuck up.

It was one dumb argument. Like usual, he couldn't control the trap of his mouth and upset you a few days ago. He couldn't even remember what it was about, maybe something about him overworking himself or how awful he was with his emotions, but you had stormed off crying anyways because he said shit that he didn't mean. Of course, he was too stubborn to admit he was wrong.

It wasn't until yesterday night on Christmas Eve when he really did realize that you weren't coming back.

And so, he spent Christmas day alone for the first time ever since dating you - all because he was an idiot and thought that he was the one who was always right.

The phone left beside him on the couch remained with no notifications, although he was sure that your phone must have had hundreds from him by now. He sent messages containing apologies, begging you to answer your phone, saying how much he missed you and loved you. He truly did feel pathetic, not because of his desperation, but because he couldn't say those words to you sooner. Maybe then you would be sitting with him, and he'd be holding you so tight at this moment that you could never leave again.

Once— no.... if you ever come back... he was never going hurt you again.

He couldn't even imagined how miserable you must be feeling right now. Were you also alone on Christmas, crying your eyes out over him? What if you were with someone else? What if you went to that half and half bastard, or worse, Deku, for their comfort? He gritted his teeth, anger and jealousy washing through him as he grabbed the whiskey bottle on the side table and took a large chug.

The alcohol hit the back of his throat, the smokiness from how strong it was filled his insides. He was usually not the drinker, but this shit made him stressed. He missed you so goddamn much that he was an actual mess.

It was close to midnight now. He had been drinking all night, waiting for you to come home, but he had started to lost hope. His mind only got hazier and hazier as the alcohol started to kick in. In his own drunk stupor, unable to think anymore, he sent you one last message before passing out.

"Please come home for Christmas."

He then felt something caress his cheek. It was warm, and he instantly recognized the scent that emanated from whatever was in front of him. It was his favorite scent, a scent that he had gotten so used to that he could never get enough of.

When he opened his eyes, he was greeted by the soft glow of the fireplace. The flames crackled in his ears and illuminated your skin brilliantly. You were looking down at him with a sad yet gentle expression, and he wondered if this was real life.