Acknowledgement (One shot) (Angst, Fluff)

Acknowledgment

You wondered why you even fell for someone like him.

Maybe it was his boyish grin when he first acknowledged you as a worthy opponent on the second week of school. Maybe it was his hungry crimson eyes as you two fought during the school festival at full power. Maybe it was his raspy voice as he deemed you seriously as one of his rivals afterwards.

Maybe it was because of his toned arms that had caught you earlier when you collapsed after your sparring match. Maybe it was the way he held you so gently despite the fact that you were his rival, and he would never treat his other rivals Deku or Todoroki like that.

Maybe it was the way you dreamt of the rare gentle look in his eyes as he caressed your hair if you ever laid on his chest. Maybe it was the curiosity of what he would look like if he blushed and held a bouquet of flowers to you, his eyes never meeting yours.

Vivid thoughts filled your mind, wanting and lingering for him to return your feelings. But you knew it was all a distant dream because he only saw you as his rival. Heck, you don't think he even saw you as an actual girl. You would never in your life show him how you truly felt.

"Hey, twerp," Bakugou called out to you causing you to snap out of your thoughts. "You have a stick up your ass or something? You've been staring at nothing for the past 15 minutes."

How romantic. This was the reality that you were forced to accept.

"I was thinking about something," you replied to him and then decided to throw an insult. "You know, something that you usually never do."

"What did you just say to me?!" He angrily yelled out. It didn't take a lot for him to be provoked and you knew that much already.

"Do you have cotton in your ears or something?" You said simply. "Or is cotton the only thing inside that head of yours?"

"You think I'm gonna let you sit there and throw insults at me, twerp?!" He started yelling. "You looking for a fight or what?!"

"You'd lose the fight anyways, so it's not even worth bothering for me."

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, YOU BRAT."

"It hasn't even been 20 minutes, and they're arguing again," you heard Kirishima say from afar, "and it doesn't help that their assigned seats are right next to each other."

You and Bakugou glared at each other, ignoring the attention that you had drawn from your surrounding classmates. It was always like this between you two. Someone always had to insult someone, and then a fight would break out.

But this time, you didn't want to continue to fight, so you turned your head away and ignored the seething boy instead. It ticked him off, but he also turned his head away.

-

There was something about Bakugou that drew you in. He was intelligent, despite his unfathomable mood swings, and somehow him having no charisma just made him even more charismatic to you. It was the way he put himself out there, his irritating confidence, that you somehow find yourself watching his every move.

You felt that there was so much more to Bakugou than just his temperament. That there was some vulnerability within him somewhere, and you wanted to be one of those special people who he could share it with.

Unfortunately, all you were to him was someone who he needed to beat.

You were heading down the hall one day just about to enter the lounge of the dorm when you heard their conversation echo down.