Complicated (Angst, Fluff)

Warnings: Swearing

-

Bakugou was angry at himself. He was currently on a date, pissed off that he had agreed to go on one. He wondered why he even needed a girlfriend in the first place? Why did Kirishima force him to go on that stupid blind date? He had never been in a relationship before, nor did he want to be in one. His only goal was to become the top hero, not 'settle down and be happy' or whatever Kirishima had called it.

He figured he would give it a try though. His friends wouldn't stop pestering him if he didn't. And just as he expected, most of his days attempting to 'date' were boring. How could anyone think it was fun to just sit there and talk about meaningless stuff with someone? He didn't understand it at all, and as he sat there at a random coffee shop, sipping on some boba tea that you had recommended, he couldn't control the scowl that he had on his face.

"What's wrong?" You asked him.

"Nothing," he grumbled.

"It's not nothing," you replied. "You always have that look on your face when we're together."

"I said, it's nothing," he then snapped back. You blinked in surprise at his sudden mood swing and then let out a sigh as if you just gave up. Picking up the drink of your choice, you took a sip as you stared at him carefully.

That was one thing that annoyed him the most about you. You were always staring at him with those prying eyes, trying to pick your way into his own mind. It was annoying how easily you could read him.

"You know, you don't have to keep going on dates with me," you said after taking a sip. "I know you're busy, so you can reject them too and take the day off to relax or something."

Bakugou didn't reply to that and instead took another sip of his own drink. It was sweet, the chewy tapioca balls filling into his own mouth. It was a drink that suited you, and he now realized why you had recommended it so much. Despite enjoying it, he still felt grumpy. No, this wasn't his first date with you. Actually, he didn't know how many dates he has actually had with you.

He suppose that was what made him mad the most - the fact that he kept agreeing every single time when you suggested to go out in a date. He didn't know why he kept doing it, and he had assumed that it was his own pride speaking. Yeah, that was definitely it. He suddenly recalled the conversation that Kirishima had baited him with.

"Hey man, I think we should make a deal," Kirishima said one day. "If you can stay in a relationship for at least a month, I'll treat you to the best restaurant in Japan!"

"The fuck? I don't want to be in a damn relationship!" He yelled out to his crimson-haired friend, not getting tempted by the food.

"It's for your happiness, bro!"

"I don't give a fuck!"

"C'mon, is Bakugou too chicken to date a girl?" Kirishima then baited, and that was the sentence that made him snap.

"You think you're so cocky, huh?!" Bakugou replied. "You're gonna eat those words, weird hair!"

It was just one stupid bet he made on the spur of his own emotions, and now he was regretting it. He regretted it because this had been going on for months now, way past what Kirishima had proposed. He was convinced that it was his own pride was just getting to him. He wanted to prove that he could maintain a relationship to his annoying ass friends. He wasn't going to lose to anyone, and he was going to win with this shitty thing people called a relationship.

"It's fine," Bakugou then suddenly said after a long moment of silence. You didn't expect him to reply after all of this time, so you were surprised when he finally spoke. "I don't mind it."