Chapter 3 (Revised)

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece.

Warning: Contains curse words!

Sabo's P.O.V

Ace and I glared at the strange man sitting in the cell next to us. "None of your fucking business!" I heard Ace say from in front of me. As the man scooted closer to the cell bars between us I finally got a good look at him.

He looked to be around his late twenties or early thirties and was dressed like a chef. He was tan, had a scar next to his left ear, and a small black beard that didn't extend past his chin. Though, in my opinion, the strangest part was his hair. It looked like he stuck a loaf of bread on his head, if I remember correctly this type of hairstyle was called a pompadour.

His face shown in disbelief, "That doesn't look like nothing to me." As Ace was about to retort I cut him off, "We can handle it just fine on our own thank you." The man nodded seriously, "Of course you can but I really think you should let me check." I hated the thought of this stranger near Luffy, but he was our best bet. It couldn't hurt to let him see what was wrong, right?

Ace and I shared a quick look. "How can we trust you when we don't even know your name," Ace said while glaring at him after a silence had passed. The man smirked, "Ah you pulled the stranger card on me. Well my name is Thatch and I'm the fourth division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates."

"That doesn't mean anything," Ace said angrily. Thatch wagged his finger at the two of us, "Now now don't be like that you know my name that means we know each other." "It's not like you could actually do anything," I pointed out with a frown.

Thatch laughed, "Good point kid, but when my nakama gets here I want to warn them about what to expect." "What the hell are you talking about?" Ace asked with a suspicious glare. Thatch just smiled gently and motioned for us to bring Luffy closer. Just as we were about to refuse a groan was heard from the eight year old on the floor. "What's going on?" I faintly heard Luffy ask before he began to violently cough.

I immediately went to help Luffy sit up while Ace continued to glare at Thatch. "Its nothing that you have to worry about Luffy," I said quickly. Luffy looked around with hazy eyes and after a minute or so he finally noticed the pirate.

"Who are you?" Thatch smiled before responding, "Its rude not to give your name first." Luffy looked thoughtful for a moment before nodding, "My name is Monkey D. Luffy." Thatch grinned widely glad to have gotten some information about these three intresting kids, meanwhile Ace and I frowned. "My name is Thatch and I'm the fourth division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates."

Luffy's eyes immediately lit up at this new information. "You're a pirate!" Luffy exclaimed excitedly before he started coughing again. Ace rushed over and began to help him drink water while I gently held Luffy up. Thatch just smiled kindly at the three of us with a strange look in his eyes that startled me, but I chose to ignore it.

After Luffy drank some water Ace and I helped him get closer to Thatch after he asked. We put him just a little out of Thatch's reach though. "So Luffy can you tell me who the young boys sitting next to you are?" Luffy nodded excitedly, "Yup! These are my brothers, A-" Just as he was about to say our names Ace used his hand to cover Luffy's mouth. You'd think that after a year of being a slave Luffy would be more cautious about these things.

Ace must have been thinking the same thing as he directed one of his harsher glares at Luffy. "You idiot you don't just go give a stranger our names much less yours!" Ace hissed quietly. Luffy turned to look at Ace with a confused frown, "But Ace he really is nice!"

I studied Thatch's expression searching for any sign that he was not to be trusted, but the man just seemed to be amused. As Ace and Luffy were having a small argument I decided to just end the feud by telling this strange man our names.

"My name is Sabo and the one with freckles is Ace." Thatch smiled at me and nodded, "Good to know." Ace, having heard me give away our names, smacked me over the head. "Ow! What the heck was that for!?" I glared at him only to have Ace glare right back. "That's for telling him our names you idiot!" Just as I was about to retort I heard a thud and when I turned my head Luffy was unconscious on the floor looking far too pale in my opinion. "Luffy!" Ace and I both sat with him, panicking as we realized he was having trouble breathing.

I looked up to see Thatch panicking in his own cell. He noticed me staring and met my gaze with a worried light in his eyes. "By the looks of this that chibi won't make it past tomorrow if he doesn't get any medical attention soon!"

"WHAT!?" Ace exclaimed loudly. I smacked Ace on the head just like he had done a few minutes ago. "Calm down! We don't want the guards hearing this!" Ace nodded and began to bite his lip holding Luffy's hand tightly in his. Usually I would tease Ace for showing affection, but right now I couldn't blame him. Not when Luffy looked as if he was on the verge of death.

"Brats put away those depressing looks on your faces. We still have hope, if luck is on our side my nakama will be able to get here fast enough to save the chibi's life." Just as he uttered the last word an explosion rocked the ship violently causing Ace and I to slam into the hard wood. "Looks like luck is on our side." Thatch whispered barely audible because of the noise of the attack his nakama were in the process of doing.

Author's Note:
Hello my lovely readers! I really hope you like this chapter. Hopefully the next one will be out soon. Please comment, like, and whatever else you do! Until next time Luckies! *waves fiercely*