Chapter 1

Friday Night: 10:00 P.M

3rd Person POV

A short woman placed the keys to her apartment into the door and unlocked it. She opened the door and stepped to the side to gesture for the taller woman standing behind her to enter. The taller woman was hesitant and paranoid to accept the gesture but knew what the alternative was.

The taller woman entered the apartment and took off her shoes. She did not dare move from the entrance in case she angered the shorter woman who entered after her. The shorter woman closed the door behind her and took off her shoes. She walked further into the apartment and turned around to gesture for the taller woman to follow her.

The apartment was very small. There was only one bedroom that was located to the left, several steps from the entrance. One small bathroom was located beside the bedroom. Further in was the living room that was connected to the kitchen in an open-space concept. A dining table sat on the border of the two rooms. There was little furniture as the shorter woman never had any guests over.

"Chou Tzuyu was it?" the shorter woman asked as she walked over to her refrigerator and opened it, "Would you like something to eat?"

Tzuyu nodded her head even though the shorter woman was facing away from her, "Correct... Park Jihyo? If... it isn't a burden... I would love something to eat," she hesitantly said as she rubbed her stomach that had been crying in pain for the past couple of hours.

The shorter woman removed a container of food from the refrigerator and closed the door before turning to face Tzuyu and nodding her head, "Correct, that's my name. I have some leftovers from last night that you can have."

Tzuyu stared at the container of food with desire. Her mouth started to water as her stomach growled loudly. It had been a couple of days since she had anything to eat, and she did not want to pass up on this opportunity; however, she knew she had to be cautious of being thrown back onto the streets.

"I want to but..." Tzuyu trailed off as she decided on what she wanted to say, "But what about you? What will you eat if I take this food from you?"

Jihyo let out a little chuckle as she walked over to the small dining table that could only fit two people and placed the container down, "I already ate before going home from work. If anything, it seems like your stomach says it wants something to eat."

Tzuyu clutched her stomach as a blush started to form on her cheeks, "I... don't want to be a burden to you..."

Jihyo went to get a spoon for Tzuyu and placed it down beside the container of food, "Seriously, don't worry about it. I am going to get you some clothes and a towel, so just sit and eat," she reassured before walking away.

The moment that Jihyo left the room, Tzuyu instantly sat down at the dining table and opened the container of food. It was just some rice and bulgogi; it was something simple but a luxury to Tzuyu's starving stomach. She eyed the food and gulped before nervously reaching for the spoon and digging in.

All of Tzuyu's internal resistance went out the window upon the first taste of the bulgogi. She wolfed down the food as if she was never going to eat again, a real reality that she feared. Tears started to roll down her eyes as she had not had a full meal in such a long time. It was not warm as it had just been removed from the refrigerator, but she was not going to risk angering Jihyo and having the food taken away if she asked for it to be heated. She let out a satisfied sigh upon finishing the food, feeling full for the first time in several weeks.

Jihyo walked back into the room and was surprised to see that Tzuyu had already finished the food but was understanding of her situation, "Perfect timing, here are some clothes and a towel for you to take a shower. Feel free to use whatever is in the bathroom. Also, there should be an unopened disposable toothbrush that you can take in the cabinet."