Chapter 29

Monday Evening: 8:00 P.M

3rd Person POV

Everyone went ahead of Jihyo and Tzuyu to Nayeon and Jeongyeon's apartment for the regular hangout. The former two women decided to meet up with Tzuyu's mother and invite her to the hangout with prior permission from Nayeon and Jeongyeon. Tzuyu's mother was a bit hesitant but was convinced by her daughter's pleas.

The three women arrived at their destination. Nayeon opened the door and greeted them before letting them in. Tzuyu's mother was still apprehensive of meeting all of Tzuyu's coworkers as she feared that they might respond aggressively towards her. They all walked towards the living room where everyone else was seated.

Tzuyu coughed to get everyone's attention, "I want everyone to officially meet someone," she said before hugging her mother, "This is my mother. I know all of you kind of met her when she first came to the restaurant and may not have the best impression of her, but the two of us have reconciled; and I now know the truth about her."

Tzuyu's mother broke away from the hug and bowed towards everyone, "Thank you for taking care of my daughter this entire time. I apologize for the trouble my past mistakes have caused for everyone. I am currently working hard to repent and give Tzuyu the motherly love that she deserves."

Jeongyeon stood up and stepped towards Tzuyu's mother, "I think I can speak on everyone's behalf and say that we are happy to see that you and Tzuyu have reconciled. This group is like a family such that we always have each other's backs. We would not hesitate to help one another whenever someone needs it."

Tzuyu's mother stood upright and smiled at Jeongyeon, "I already saw that in the way you and Nayeon handled my request. I am thankful that Tzuyu was able to find such amazing people in her life who supported her where I failed."

Jeongyeon shook her head, "We are not amazing people. We are simply people who care about each other," she replied before gesturing towards the couches where everyone else was sitting, "Anyways, please, come sit. This bunch can be very curious sometimes and probably have a lot of questions for you."

Tzuyu's mother nodded her head, "Okay, thank you," she said before sitting down in the empty space on the couch.

Tzuyu watched happily as everyone started interrogating her mother in the same way they did when they first met her. Nayeon and Jeongyeon approached Jihyo and her and asked to talk to them privately in their bedroom. All four women moved to the bedroom and closed the door behind them.

Nayeon warned Jihyo and Tzuyu that what they were about to hear could be seen as creepy. Jihyo and Tzuyu reassured the older woman that they could handle whatever Jeongyeon and her wanted to say. Nayeon nodded her head before revealing that Jeongyeon and her had used their contacts to locate Tzuyu's mother to find out more about her. It was precisely because they knew the truth that they pushed Jihyo to go listen to Tzuyu's mother one week ago.

Jeongyeon continued by explaining that Nayeon and her do this whenever they hear that anyone they work with has a troubled past. They reiterated about how their goal has always been to help those around them. The only reason that they do not reveal this to the affected parties is because they worry what their reactions would be. Understandably, they know that it's not normal for people to put this number of resources into others' personal problems.

This revelation came as a surprise to both Jihyo and Tzuyu; however, neither of them were creeped out by what Nayeon and Jeongyeon did. Rather, they were thankful that the two of them have taken such good care of them in the background. They appreciated the effort put in to supporting them. Especially Jihyo who felt like every system that was meant to help her while growing up had failed her. She felt the most touched by all of this.