Chapter Thirty-Four

She barely registered what was going on-- it all happened so fast. One moment she was yelling at him, the next she felt his lips crash against her own.

    A shocked gasp escaped her mouth, but the weight of his kiss silenced it immediately. Her fingers bunched up the fabric of his shirt as she tried to understand the sudden course of events, but as soon as she did...

    She pushed against his chest and shoved him away from her, her eyes wide and frantic. They both stumbled apart and the room became thick with a tense silence, the only semblance of noise being their choppy breathing and racing heartbeats.

    She didn't know what had just happened, she didn't know why it had happened, she didn't know how it had happened...

    All she knew is that when he had kissed her, she had felt the world around her stop spinning.

    Both of their chests were rising and falling in labored breaths. When her bewildered eyes met his, she could see a look of panic starting to flush across his rosy cheeks. Neither one of them said anything-- they didn't know what should be said.

    He looked like he was about to say something, though it didn't much matter to her. Before her mind had a chance to stop her, she took a step forward and grabbed a hold of his tie, tugging on the dark fabric and watching as his body jerked back towards hers and she met the warmth of his lips once more.

    She felt him let out a sigh of relief against her mouth before one of his strong arms wrapped around her waist, the other snaking around to the back of her head and tangling into her hair as he kissed her back.

    The kiss was not gentle, or loving, or soft-- it was hungry. Reckless. Desperate.

    And she knew there were a million reasons why this was wrong, but none of that mattered because kissing him felt right.

    His fingers moved down and grappled with the fabric of her dress, clumping it into his clenched fists. He tried to pull her in as close as possible, pressing their bodies together in a flurry of raw emotion. Their lips met in a collision of fire on fire, both of their mouths moving against one another's with a burning intensity that drove them to breathless insanity.

Her movements weren't her own-- they were driven by a relentless force within her that wanted nothing more than to savor the feeling of his soft lips against her own. She let out a quiet gasp when she felt him take her bottom lip in between his teeth, and he took her slight exhale as an opportunity to deepen their kiss and swallow her surprise with the feeling of his tongue tracing along hers.

She was desperate for something to hold onto. So, her hands buried themselves into his dark curls. She tugged wantonly at his hair as he used one hand to cup the side of her face and keep her steady while his mouth wandered from her lips to her jaw, leaving a heated trail of kisses all along her flushed skin. When the warmth of his mouth found its way to her neck, she couldn't help the quiet moan that slipped out of her lips when she felt him suck harshly on her skin before swiping his tongue over the sensitive spot and cooling it with another desperate kiss. She pulled on his hair-- hard-- and the sound of his quiet groan sent a shiver down her spine.

For a short moment, he pulled away, only to look at the way she was breathlessly panting before him... for him...

His eyes lingered on her lips, his own mouth parted as he let out a few shallow breaths. When his gaze finally drove back to meet hers, she saw the way his eyes had darkened with an insatiable lust she had never seen in him before.

Her eyelashes fluttered around her doe-like hazel eyes and she looked up at him. Her fingers nervously left their home in his hair and slowly dragged back down to his chest as she panted breathlessly.