Chapter 19

Milo gripped my hand as we raced across hallways, laughing and searching for an empty room with a bottle of stolen wine in my other hand. I stopped in front of a door and knocked. Nobody answered. "We can try this one," I whispered. Milo nodded as I took out a bobby pin and picked the lock. He ran his fingers through his hair as he watched for people. "Aha!" I exclaimed as I wrenched open the heavy door. "I'm pretty amazing."

Milo pecked my cheek. "Yes, y-you are." He smiled and pulled me inside.

I quickly locked the door to make sure nobody would walk in on us. "Search the drawers," I said. "There's got to be a bottle opener somewhere."

Milo rummaged through the drawers and threw out some crud that could've been in the way of finding it. "F-found it!" he exclaimed triumphantly, holding it in the air. I handed him the bottle. He opened it then lifted it up to to his lips. "Mmmm," he said, satisfied.

"Let me taste it," I whined as I stole the bottle from his grasp.

Five minutes later, the bottle was mostly gone. Milo had me pinned against the wall, his kisses sloppy, drunk, aggressive, and wonderful. I tore off his jacket, trying to take away everything that stood between us. I ripped off his tie and immediately worked on unbuttoning the shirt as I made sure our lips never pulled apart. He lifted me up off the ground and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I felt his fingers searching for the zipper as he walked over to the bed. I slipped my heels off before Milo dropped me onto the bed. He leaned over me, holding himself up as he tried slipping my body through my dress. I reached down and started unbuckling his belt. Milo pulled our lips apart then started kissing my neck.

"Milo," I said into his mop of beautiful, blonde hair.

He kicked his pants off from his ankles and made our lips connect again.

~~~~~~

"Wh-where is it?" Milo asked me as the clock struck one.

My eyelids were getting heavy and I just wanted to fall asleep in his strong arms where I felt safest. I licked my lips. "What are you talking about, Milo?"

I enjoyed saying his name. It reminded me that I was talking to him and he had his full attention on me. He made me feel like I was the only person in the world.

"The scar from the stitches," he replied just as sleepily. His fingers slid along my arm, sending chills up my spine.

He remembered.

I rolled over so that I wasn't facing him. "It's on my right shoulder blade." I pulled all my hair over so that it wasn't covering the scar.

Milo situated himself. He traced the scar with his cool fingertips. Goosebumps formed on my back.

I bit my lip as I tried to hold back tears. It was just an everyday reminder about how alone I used to be. Or about how I had nobody I could depend on to help me.

Milo wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me as close to him as possible. He buried his face into the crook of my neck. He marked a trail of kisses along my jawline and down to my neck, leading to my shoulder blade. I felt his lips press against it six times, one for each stitch. Each kiss gave me more and more butterflies in my stomach.

I rolled over to face him. "Why are you so good to me?" I asked him.

Milo smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "M-maybe because I l-like you," he replied.

I grinned as I reached up to kiss him.

Milo's lips were the most beautiful thing. Their softness against mine gave me chills and the way they always hovered over my neck after a kiss thrilled me in ways you cannot imagine. But the thing that made me love them the most was the way they were the perfect puzzle piece to mine and how they synchronized flawlessly with mine.

"F-Freedom?" Milo asked into the kiss.

"Hmmm?" I responded as I ruffled his thick hair with my fingers.

Milo pulled away, but I couldn't keep myself away from him as he talked so I had to be content with kissing his jawline as he finished saying what he so badly needed to tell me. "How m-m-much do you like me?" he asked. "W-wow, I s-sound like a si-si-sixth grader."

I gazed into his eyes and laid my cheek on his chest. "Milo, it's a simple question. And I have a simple answer." I gave him a passionate kiss on the lips. "A lot," I said.

Milo sat up. He seemed frustrated.

"What's wrong?" I asked, sitting up myself and hugging his arm, planting kiss on his shoulder.

He ran his fingers through his hair. "F-Freedom, I know you like me."

I nodded. "I do. A lot."

"B-but...." Milo bit his lip, unable to find the words to say.

"Spit it out," I said, grinning.

"B-but I love you, Freedom."

WHOA! Hehe how's Freedom going to react do you think? Votes and Comments are appreciated!