Chapter 13

Milo's lips were puffy and red. I couldn't help but smile because I was the one that caused that.

He was sitting up across from me, holding me close to him as he placed our lips together. His hands were cupped around my face, pulling me back after every breath.

After a while, my head was throbbing from my hangover, but I tried to ignore it as best as I could. I needed this. Milo needed this. We needed this.

I arched my back as Milo laid me back down, not breaking the kiss. He traced my jaw as his lips moved in perfect synchronization with mine. His lips were the last piece to my puzzle.

"Freedom! Milo!" Jensen yelled as he opened the front door.

We tore away from each other, each of our eyes widening. "Crap," we both whispered in unison.

I quickly came up with a plan. "You stay in here and turn the shower on." I tossed myself over the edge of the bath tub and drew the shower curtain. I heard the water swish around as he stood up.

"Freedom?" Jensen got closer.

I scrambled to find a towel then wrapped it around myself. I rummaged through the drawers and picked up a brush and began brushing my hair.

"Freedom?" He knocked on the door.

"Yeah?" I answered.

He opened the door a crack. "Is Milo in the shower?" I nodded my head in response. "Oh." He licked his lips. "Did you just get one?" He gestured to the towel.

"Yep." I felt a little lightheaded. It was probably the hangover.

"Oh. Okay. Come on out whenever you're done." Jensen smiled slightly then closed the door.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding once I heard the click. "That was close," I muttered. "I'm heading out now," I told Milo as I slipped through the door into the hallway.

I quickly dressed myself into sweatpants, Milo's to be specific, and a T-shirt. That's when I remembered about Milo's and my wet clothes on the bathroom floor. I prayed to God that he had the decency to hide them somewhere.

"Fr-freedom, are you-you almost d-done?"

Speak of the devil....

I silently opened the door and pulled Milo inside. Unfortunately, he was already dressed. "We can't tell him. Not yet," I whispered.

He shook his head. "W-why not?" he asked.

I stared at the way his lips were turned down into a frown and the way his wet hair was matted down across his forehead. Gosh, I just wanted to kiss him. "Just not right now," I said, pleading him with the best puppy eyes I could muster.

His lips were pressed in a straight line and he crossed his arms. "Th-that's n-not a rea-reason," he replied sternly.

I licked my lips. "I know that. I'm sorry. I can't give you an answer." I mean I could, but I'm not able to admit it to myself yet.

Milo stared at me, his face expressionless. His shoulders relaxed and he let his arms drop. "Fine."

I felt my lips curve into a smile. "Thank you," I almost shouted as I reached up on my toes, pulled him down, and pecked his lips. I instantly sprinted out the door to find Jensen.

"Freedom?" he asked as I bumped into him. "Are you okay?"

I quickly regained my balance. "Yeah, I'm uh I'm fine." I tried to give him my most convincing smile. I noticed a bag in his hand at his side. "Ooh what's that?" I asked, curiously, trying to change the subject.

"It's for you," Jensen replied with a grin. "I thought that maybe if you had something to remind you that people love-"

I gave him the look.

"That people care for you," he corrected, "maybe you won't hurt yourself."

I took a deep breath as he gave me the gift. "Jensen..." I trailed off as I glanced inside, pulling out a box. It was velvet. "Please don't tell me this what I think it is," I whispered. I carefully opened the black velvet box to reveal a sapphire stone on a silver chain necklace. My jaw dropped. "Oh my gosh, Jensen." I looked up at him.

He grinned. "I thought you might like it."

I stared at it for what seemed like forever. "Jensen, I can't take this." I shoved it into his hands.

At first he appeared hurt, but he soon smiled again as he cackled. "Freedom, this isn't a proclamation of my love for you. Trust me, that would be so much more intense. This is just for you." He paused. "Because I care for you." He licked his bottom lip.

My face broke out into a smile as I wrapped my arms around him. "Thank you," I said quietly under my breath.

"Here," he said. "Turn around and let me put it on you."

I gathered my wet hair and held it up above my neck. The chain was cold. I felt goosebumps around my neck.

"By the way, don't worry about the money. I practically tore your room apart and searched for Wren's ring. Once I found it, I exchanged it." He clasped the chain.

I turned back around, gazing down at the necklace, admiring it.

"Oh," he whispered in my ear. "And I'm all for it."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You and Milo," he responded with a grin. "I'm all for it."

So small chapter, but I had a lot of fun writing this one.

Votes and comments are very much appreciated!