Chapter 5

I sat up, not knowing where I was with a murderous headache. "Oh my gosh," I whined, holding my forehead.

"D-d-did y-you slee-slee-sleep o-o-o-okay?"

I flung my head towards the voice, and immediately cringed, my head in horrible pain.

Milo stood, leaning against a doorway with a book in his hands, his hair swept funky from sleeping. He smiled a crooked grin.

I closed my eyes and massaged my temples. "Yeah, I slept great," I mumbled. "Thank you."

Milo shut his book and set it on his nightstand. "D-do you wa-want break-breakfast?" His cheeks puffed out.

I licked my lips. "What do you have?" I asked. I took off my blankets and swept my feet down to the floor.

"I-I-I-I've g-got sm-smore po-po-pop tarts," he suggested, opening the door to the mini fridge.

I raised my eyebrows. "You refrigerate your pop tarts?" I asked curiously.

"It's the-the-the only pla-place to-to-to keep the-them." He took a package out of the fridge and unwrapped it, keeping one pop tart for himself and handing me the other.

"Thanks," I said. I crossed my legs.

The tee-shirt Milo gave me had sleeves that draped over one shoulder and they fell all the way to my wrists. I lifted the pop tart and took a bite.

Milo took a pillow and set it on the other side of the bed and sat down on it as he ate his breakfast.

I held the pop tart up to my mouth again and the sleeve dropped, revealing my arms from below my elbow.

Milo took a glimpse at my arm curiously. "Wh-what are-are-are th-those?"

I looked down at my arm and instantly took my sleeve and covered up my arm. "N-nothing." Now I was the one stuttering. "It's nothing." I awkwardly situated myself. "Um... I should go." I stood up and grabbed my dress and shoes that had I put on the floor.

Milo gave me a confused glance. "O-oh." He stood up and put his hands in his pockets. "Y-you c-ca-can keep the-the-the-the sw-sweats f-f-for n-now."

I gave him a sad smile then went off towards the door.

"M-m-maybe I-I co-could take you to d-dinner some-some-sometime." Milo's cheeks puffed out again. His warm brown eyes stared into me pleadingly.

I pursed my lips and tapped the door frame with my fingertips. "Maybe sometime," I answered quietly, leaving him behind.

~~~~~~~

"Jensen?" I called, opening the door to our apartment. "Are you home?" I set my dress and shoes on the table and searched the rooms.

I found him in my room, leaning up against the door with his feet out as far as possible. Wren's gifts were sprawled across the floor. Jensen had three empty cans of beer on the floor and a fourth in his hand.

"Jensen?" I kneeled down next to him and patted his shoulder. "Jensen, look at me."

His face was tear stained, but his face had set into a permanent glare. He took a swig of beer then crushed the can and threw it across the room angrily. "The bitch was cheating on me!" he shouted. He pulled at his hair. "She's been freaking cheating on me for almost a year!" He punched the floor.

I sat down right across from him. "I get that you're angry, but please don't take it out on my room." I tucked my hair behind an ear.

"Be serious, Freedom!" he yelled.

"I am!" I scowled at him. "What happened?"

His glossy eyes gathered tears, but he fought them. "I was on my way to her house to propose," he slurred, "and when she opened the door, she was wrapped in a sheet and her breath smelled like alcohol."

I nodded. "Kind of like yours?" I interjected.

"Shut up, Freedom." Jensen threw his head back against the wall.

"Sorry." I placed my hands in my lap.

"Anyway, this bastard walked up behind her calling her baby and stuff." He paused and clenched his hands into fists. "I asked him who he was and he answered nonchalantly like I wasn't about to propose to her that he was her girlfriend and that they'd been together for almost a year now." Jensen shuddered. "Son of a bitch!" he shouted.

I didn't know how to respond. Jensen took another can of beer from the pack next to him and opened it. "I guess there's no use for this," he said, gesturing to the engagement ring. He took the box and threw it against the wall. "I loved her!" he screamed. "I loved her and she treated me like trash!" He stood up and kicked the wall on his way out.

"Jensen!" I shouted after him. "Jensen!" He slammed his door in my face.

I closed the door to my room and leaned against it, heaving out a sigh. I glanced down at my arms, remembering the event that happened earlier today. I clenched my jaw and ran my fingers through my hair as I laid down on my bed.

I'm not sure how I feel about this chapter:/