Chapter 22: In sync

«Okay, this is once again another small authors note.

I'll be deleting the last three chapters as I didn't necessarily like how I ended it.

It was not going according to plan so..
Just enjoy »

                        «««««««««««««««

"I can help you escape Brianna," he informed. "Help, help me?! I don't need your damn help Lopez. How am I even supposed accept help from the man that ended my father! My father! Out of all people Joe, you, you couldn't help him!" I yelled as tears threatened to spill. But I wasn't going to be vulnerable.

Nothing made me cry. Nothing ever will.

"You just a little pathetic callous idiot, you're heartless! Is that what you wanted?! For me to go down on my knees and freaking love you? Well, let me tell you something. I swore I'd never love another man. And you expect me to say those three words after you were an accomplice to my father's death? Well then there have it, I love you Joe Lopez, and guess what? I hate myself for it," I confessed.

Yes, Luke may have been what I wanted but he was not what I needed.

"I need you to listen to me," Joe's voice stoic, whilst grabbing my wrist. "No, I r-" My voice got interrupted my a loud bang. My head snapped into the direction of the fallen door.

"Put your hands up! You are under arrest, anything you do or say will be held against you." I heard a way to familiar voice.

It can't be him, he, he saved me. It can't be him, it can't. Yes it could, cause my eyes were telling me something different. Right before me stood a masked Luke, dressed in his FBI uniform.

He, turned his back on me, he betrayed me.

"Look what we have here, little miss, Vyre," he snickered. His finger caressed my jawline. I scrunched my nose up in disgust.

"The Black Widow," he mocked lowly but audible. Suddenly gun shots were flying across the room. Chris's men.

Right as I was on my way out a heard a gun shot, one particular one that made my heart stop. My leg felt a burning sensation kinda like a bullet. "Ahh!" I groaned. I felt some one grab my red locks but to see no hand even gripping my hair.

I looked to see in the center of the scene a malicious Chris grabbing the locks of Joe. There was a bullet, on the exact same place as I got shot.

"My darling, you're daughter is in sync with someone. Everything that her partner feels, she'll feel even more agonizingly. She'll meet him one day, and that person his the love of her life" I remember a voice. I was only eleven years old when I was informed of all of this. I never believed it was true what the witch doctor had said but... these actions were saying it all.

Every harsh bullet Joe would take, I felt even more painfully. Now it all makes sense. Why I'd wake up everyday with my body in absolute pain. That means the tortuous nights Chris whipped me, Joe felt everything.

Joe and I were in sync.

He was the love of my life.

The unexpected love of life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Decided to switch it up a bit.
Hope you liked it.

Vote, comment &  share!