Chapter 6-Artemis

Thor's POV:

It has been two days since Diana and I began our journey to the underworld. She was silent most of the time, of course, I knew that it was not easy for her. After all, Hades was her uncle and I, of all people, know how it felts when you have to fight your flesh and blood. I tried to comfort her, but she distanced herself. That made me worried, but I hid my feelings. On the third night of our journey, we found a little village and asked one kind family to let us stay. They agreed and gave us shelter and some food.

-They seem like good people- I told Diana and sipped hot tea.

-They do. People are kind, cute, innocent and when the war begins, they die, innocent lives are lost- I noticed how tear streamed on her face.

-Diana, something is clearly bothering you. I know that we are going to stop Hades and he is your uncle and this is terrible, but...

-Wait, what? You think that I am sad because I do not want to kill my uncle?

-Well it is logical...

-Listen to me, Thor. My family relationships do not have to do anything with my concern. I do not even know Hades.

-Then what it is, Diana, tell me.

-Thor... I have been there... I know what war is! The last time when I tried to stop Ares, lots of innocent people died, including the love of my life.

I felt how my heart got filled with sadness.

-I am so sorry!

-Steve was a brave, brilliant, kind man. He did not deserve this! What if this time Hades kills more people than Ares? What if we can not save everyone? What if more innocent lives get lost?

-Diana- I gently touched her hands- Your concern is absolutely understandable, but you have to remain confident and brave! Do not lose hope, because we WILL save people! That's what heroes do!

She looked into my eyes and grabbed my hand.

-How can you be so sure?

-Because kindness always defeats evil.

-I am jealous of your inner strength and confidence. You know, every time something bad happens my team looks at me as their leader. After all, I am the future queen and I of, all people, should know what to do in hard times. I cannot be weak, I cannot be frightened or confused. Sometimes the only thing I want is to lie in the bed and cry. Sometimes I want to show people how vulnerable I am inside. But I can't, Thor, I can't.

She was so sad and beautiful. Her eyes were sparkling and the moonlight was dancing with her dark hair. I approached her and took her hand.

-I am the most vulnerable being inside, you can ever meet. Don't you think for even a minute that there is a superhero who does not have fears or weaknesses. We, all have our flaws, our fears, our soft spots, but it does not change the fact that we do everything in our power to help people. No one can be brave, without facing fear, because that is what bravery means... to fight even when you are scared!

Diana smiled, this was the saddest and the most beautiful smile I have ever seen, I leaned to her, I wanted to kiss her, but suddenly, the ground shook.

-It is Hades's people again! our hosts!- yelled Diana and we both rushed to make sure that the family who gave us shelter would be safe.

Husband, wife, and their twin sons were hiding below the table.

-This is an earthquake! get down!- man yelled at us.

-No, it is far worse, you have to leave this house right now!- I told them and threw the table from the window.

-What are you doing!- family began panicking, babies were crying desperately.

-Listen, we are so sorry to get you in this trouble, but there are evil creatures out here and they want to kill us, you have to leave right now-Diana explained to them.

-What is happening, what evil creatures?-asked the woman desperately.

Suddenly Diana removed her coat and we saw her shining armor.

- I am Diana of Themyscira, the future Queen of Amazons, I am known to your world as Wonder Woman!

-O my God! we will do as you say!- said the man and quickly left the house with his family, they set in the car, Diana approached them and gave a man an extremely expensive, golden necklace.

-For your costs!

-Thank you, so much, thank you!

-Go, right now!
The family quickly left with their car, while Diana and I got prepared for a fight.

-They want to fight? Here we are!- said I and made sky full of powerful thunderstorms.

Familiar brown creatures ran in our direction, I hit Stormbreaker to the ground and killed at least twenty of them, but they were still coming, hundreds of them. Diana joined me and took her shield and sword. We were fighting with all of our strengths but it did not matter how many creatures we would kill, more and more were coming. Abruptly, we heard the loudest and the most terrible roar we have ever heard, and the giant, black, three-headed dog stepped out from the dark smoak.

-Cerberus! That's impossible!- yelled Diana.

-Be careful!- yelled I and threw Stormbreaker to the monstrous creature, I caught one of his head, but two of them were still roaring terrible and throwing fire and poison from their mouths. Diana took her shield and protected herself, while I tried to throw Stormbreaker to the dog again, but other brown creatures attacked me and I had to get rid of them first. Diana was in the same situation. The dog even hit her with the leg. Diana cried from pain and felt down. When I saw that I roared louder than the monstrous dog and created an extremely strong thunder wave, which killed every single brown creature around me. Then I ran to attack the dog, but suddenly I heard the pleasant music which made the monster sleep immediately, I ran to Diana and help her to stand on her feet.

-Are you okay?

-I am fine. What is happening, Thor, who is playing this music?

-I am- we heard the female voice and turned around.

Astonishingly beautiful, the tall woman was standing in front of us, she had her long, light brown hair bred and her green eyes were reflecting the light of a moon. The woman was holding a silver bow and had arrows on her back.

-Who are you?-asked Diana to her.

-I am Artemis, goddess of forests and your half-sister.

Diana and I looked at each other, then Wonder Woman said with a shocked voice:
-That is impossible!

-You think our uncle is the only Olympian who got survived or it is better to say returned? -said Artemis.

-What?- asked I.

-No time for explanation, come with me now, before Cerberus awakes. The effect of my brother's magical panpipes will not last long.

-Apollo is alive too?- Diana's eyes got wider.

-He is. Oh, my dear sister, you are going to meet many members of our extended family-said Artemis and smirked at her, then she said some words, threw a leaf to the ground, and opened the portal.

-Quickly!- yelled she and jumped into it, Diana and I looked at each other and followed her, even though we did not have a single Idea, where we were going.