Chapter 9- Monsters of Hades

Thor's POV:

I did not care about the risks Artemis told me about. The only thing I cared about was Diana and her life. I promised myself that I would save her life, at any cost. ''Whatever it takes"- murmured I and stepped in the portal, which Artemis opened for me. Minutes later I was laying on the ground. There was nothing, not a single, plant, bush, or tree. Just ground. I stood up and looked around. Then I flew up into the sky and saw a little black dot far, far away, which turned out to be another, big cave. I came closer to it and suddenly I heard a terrible, ground-shaking roar. I got prepared for the fight, but the creature I saw exceeded my expectations a lot. I had fought against giants, dragons, ice goliaths, immense serpents... but the hundred-headed dragon was new, even to me. Nonetheless, I attacked him with Stormbreaker.

I lost a count, I lost sense of time. The number of this creature's head was not decreasing, It did not matter, how many heads I would catch, still, more and more were left. At one time, I almost gave up, but every exhausted I felt powerless or desperate, I was seeing Diana's face, her beautiful, kind face and I was regaining my strength.

I did not know how much time this battle continued, the only thing I knew was the fact that at last all of the hundred heads of the huge dragon were caught. Then I stepped into the cave and as Artemis told me, I saw an immense gate. Without hesitation, I opened the gate, and only then I realized how big a mistake it was. I should have got some rest because an army of Greek mythology creatures attacked me simultaneously. There were birds with iron claws, medusas with snakes on their heads, a huge lion, and a serpent-like creature with nine heads. I knew that I could not fight them alone, I knew that it was impossible for me to survive from them. At one point I decided to give up and wait for the death, but then I saw Diana's face again and I realized that I had to fight, no matter what.

I flew up into the sky again and asked all the Asgardian deities for help.

-Mighty gods and goddesses, wherever you are, please help me, please give me the strength to defeat these creatures, give me the strength to save Diana.

Assured that Asgardian deities would not leave me, I fearlessly attacked all the monsters of Hades. I cannot describe with words how much strength, energy, and power did it take from me. At the end of the battle, I was bleeding, I was barely walking, my hands were shaking, and with the last bit of power, I entered into the cave again, opened the gate, and took the next step in my adventure.