chapter 5

Decided to post this chapter because it's 2021. Happy new year to everyone :)

Monday was one of her least favorite days in the week. She had two classes of Potions with Gryffindor which now that she and Sirius were on good terms was exiting, then a Transfigurations class with Hufflepuff and Care of Magical creatures with Ravenclaw. 

That morning she woke up rather early. It was five past five and she didn't really feel like going back to sleep. Trying not to wake Ava up, Lexi took a shower and got ready for the day. Ava Handerson was her best friend. They were together since first year. Ava was a nice girl, but when you get her mad, boy, you are already six feet under the ground. It took her around forty minutes to be ready and the time was still to early for anything. So she decided she was going to explore some of the castle while waiting for breakfast. She wandered around the hauls and greeted a few of the paintings. They were really nice to her and didn't say anything when she walked past them after curfew. 

Lexi was getting tired of just walking around with nobody to talk to. She made her way outside and sat down on the grass next to Black lake. It wasn't long before she heard a voice calling for her. Opening her eyes she saw Sirius coming her way 

" Hey, Siri. " 

" Hi , Lexi. Why are you awake so early. " he asked her as he sat down next to her

" Could ask you the same question. But i woke up and i didn't want to fall back asleep so i got up and wondered around. " 

" I actually wanted to see if you were awake and talk to you. I went to the your dorm, don't ask how I got in I won't tell you, so I walked in and looked at your friend Ava was it? , no matter I walked in and she was asleep and your bed was tided up so I went to look for you. " 

" You wanted to talk? About what? " 

" Well nothing bad, just wanted to catch up with you. We haven't had a proper talk for the last 6 years. I missed having my best friend" 

" I missed you too. Okay then let's  catch up. I heard you ran away and are now living with the Potters" she started

" Yeah, James' parents are really amazing and I just couldn't bear my mother anymore so I ran away. How are you and your parents. " he asked the girl concerned. Sirius knew how it was at the Peterson house hold. When they were little they had promised each other to run away together and buy themselves a flat. They promised they were gonna be roommates and live together and buy a puppy. 

" Same as always. The summer I got beat up a little bit more than usual because someone told my parents I was talking to blood traitors. " she couldn't help but frown remembering the summer at what she was supposed to call home. It never felt home to her more like a prison. She was lucky when she had Sirius, he never made her feel bad and if it wasn't for him she didn't know how she would have survived her parents " You know my grandfather John, right. Well he passed away " 

" I'm so sorry Lexi. I know you two were close " Sirius said hugging her slightly

" Yeah, but it's fine. He left me an apartment. Its quite good actually. I went to visit it one day during the break. It isn't something big it's a little bit too big for only me but if I lived with someone it would be perfect. My parents don't allow me to go there, tho. They didn't like grandpa very much and when he left if to me, well you can say they were pretty angry. But hey, when I am older maybe I can go there and live with a roommate. " she said to the boy

" That's great, Lexi ! I wish you could move in there already. I don't want you to get hurt over Christmas break and less during the summer break"

" Yeah, me too but I can't just get up and leave. " She frowned  again