chapter 9

The first week after Sirius' birthday party was awkward to say at least. For starters Remus and Sirius would act strange around each other and steal small glances at the other when they think nobody sees them. Lexi and James would try to avoid each other but failed miserably, it was like wherever they went the other was always there.

Luckily after that week everything went back to normal. Monday classes started again, Lexi was closer to the girls more than ever. Lexi had introduced the others to Ava and they quickly warmed up to her. Ava surprisingly didn't dislike the idea of her being friends with the Gryffindors.

Today Ava and Lexi were having breakfast with Lily, Dorcas, Marlene and Alice. The Great Haul's doors opened and the Marauders walked in and took their seats beside the girls. James sat next to Lexi and greeted her with a smile. Remus and Sirius sat across from the two and Peter sat next to Lily.

" So why were you guys late for breakfast. Usually you're here before us" Asked Lexi and bit down on her apple

" Well, princess Padfoot here took ages to comb his hair" snickered James and Sirius defended rather quickly "I did not took that long"

" Yeah yeah, whatever you say. But why do you ask, Lexi? Miss us too much? " continued James and stole her toast from her plate.

" Hey! I was going to eat that. Nevermind, i was just wondering what mischief were you up to "

" You know the usual. Pranking Snivellus, dying the Slytherin common room red and gold, pranking some first and second years.... "

" Okayy, but can you please stop putting die in the showers. Last time it took me forever to bring back my haircolor. "

" No can do, love. " James shrugged

" Pleaseee, for me " she added, giving him her best puppy dog eyes. James couldn't help but think of how adorable she was. Those puppy eyes would make him do anything she asked.

" No, no,- don't- don't give me those eyes- Ugh!- Okay fine we'll stop" He sighed in defeat. The dark-haired girl grinned and James smiled at her.

The group of friends went to their Potion class together. Lexi took a seat next to James and started putting her books on the table, when Slughorn walked into the class

" Hello, students. Today we will be making Draught Of The Living Dead. You can collect the ingredients from the shelves and start brewing it. If you have any trouble look on page 267 in the textbooks. And whoever finishes first will be rewarded with 50 house points. You may start working now"

James went to gather the ingredients and the two started working on the potion immediately. To Lexi's surprise James was actually really good at potions and knew what to do . I guess he started actually listening in class after the incident, she thought to herself.

After an hour Lexi and James' potion started glowing pink, which meant it was done. Slughorn came y their table and was very impressed with their work

" Wow, the potion looks really good. Good job, children. 50 points to Gryffindor" James and Lexi grinned at each other and laughed when they saw the glare Snape was giving them. Slughorn told them they can leave the class yearly since they were done, so they grabbed their things and walked out of the classroom.

" Where to now? " Asked James

" We can go to the library and do some work.. " she chuckled at the grimace her friends made ".. or we can go seat under the tree next to Black lake if you prefer" He smiled and took her hand in his interlacing their fingers together. They broke in a run and were laughing and running until they got to the tree and flopped on the grass.