Chapter 1

It was a sunny day. The four Marauders were laughing so much, talking about their summers. This summer Sirius Black had ran away from his house and was now living with the Potters. Remus Lupin had an interesting summer and his lycanthropy didn't hurt as much.  Peter Pettigrew didn't do anything interesting  the summer except for eating sweets. The Marauders were know for their mischief and also everyone knew they held quite the extreme parties. 

During their ride in the Hogwarts express they talked a lot.  About the coming school year, the parties they were gonna make, girls, futures and a lot of other things. Their ride to Hogwarts felt like two minutes. They were exited for what the new year would bring and they couldn't wait for it to start.

----------

The Marauders were now seated at the Great House waiting for Dumbledore  to finish his speech so they can eat.  Sirius and James sat on one of the sides and Remus and Peter on the other. Next to them Lily, Marlene and Alice sat. James had decided to stop casing after Lily. She had made it more than clear that she didn't want a relationship with him. During the summer they had met at a ball and that's when Lily had finally gotten rid of the annoying James Potter. He had had a crush on her since their first year. At it was time to move on.

On the other side of the Great Haul at the Slytherin table stood Lexi Peterson. She was a a really nice girl but no one knew that. You see, Lexi's family was like very other pureblood family, but 10 times worse. Of course her parent only cared about blood purity and things like that but that only made Lexi hate them more. Since she was a little girl she always disagreed with them but she learned the hard way that talking back to her parents will earn her only pain. That's why one day she decided that she would put an act as the Slytherin daughter her parents always had wanted. But that had caused her best friend to hate her and everyone at school to think she was cruel as Malfoy and Bellatrix, since they were her only friends. Lexi knew they were bad and cruel but she couldn't say anything so she just pretended to be their friend and didn't say anything about their cruelty even though she hated every bit of it. 

The feast began and so her " friends" started talking about how muggleborns shouldn't be allowed in the Wizarding world. Lexi had a lot to say about that insanity but she kept quite. She was eating her food when se caught a sight of the four marauders and their friends. She was a little bit jealous. They were such good friends and always looked happy , she just wished she had a friendship like theirs. And most of all she wished her best friend to be back in her life. She and Sirius Black had been best friends since the first time they saw each other at a pureblood gathering. She knew how much he hated all the blood purity talk and how much he disagreed with his family. He knew how she felt about all of it too , and just like that they became inseparable. That was until she started acting like the rest of them, Sirius didn't know she did that so she wouldn't have to face her parents' anger and he truly believed his best friend had gone to the dark side. He completely started ignoring her  in the beginning of first year when he was sorted in Gryffindor and she in Slytherin . She always regretted not telling him about her plans, maybe if she had they would still be friends. 

The feast ended and all the first years followed their prefects to their dorms. She saw that almost everyone had left the Gryffindor table except Remus Lupin and some other Gryffindors

Lexi wasn't friends with Remus if that's what you were thinking. No, but she knew about his lycanthropy  and she felt bad for the poor boy. He hadn't told her, of course, but she was very smart and she figured it on her own. Since she was one of the brightest  witches at her age she had decided to help the boy as much as she could. She had started brewing him a potion for his scars. She didn't know how to approach him and tell him that she knew so she did the most rational thing she had thought of - she started leaving him the potion anonymously. One day in her third year she had levitated the potion to him and left it before him with a note that said "For the scars so they wouldn't  hurt as much. Don't worry I  won't tell anyone. " He was startled at first but when he drank the potion and he's scars didn't hurt as much and were almost gone he was grateful to whoever had sent him the potion. Lexi kept supplying him anonymously  with the potion and she even found a potion that was going to make his transformation a lot easier and less painful. She always sent him the potions a day or two before the fool moon.  The full moon was next week so she had time. 

--------------

Lexi was walking down a corridor, almost past curfew, when she heard sobs. She saw a little silhouette in the dark sitting on the floor his face buried in his hands. She approached him slowly.

" Hey, are you okay? " she asked 

" No" the boy answered between sobs 

" Do you want to tell me what happened? " she didn't want to pressure him to tell her if he wasn't comfortable

" Some older Slytherins made fun of me and told me that a mudblood like me shouldn't be alive" he said crying more intensively. Lexi got so angry at that word. 

" Don't listen to them. You are not defined by your blood status. If anyone says something to you like that again know that you are be a better person than they will ever imagine to be. And if anyone ,I mean anyone, gives you a hard time come find me and I will talk to them, okay? "she said reassuring. The boy hugged her and she hesitated a little but she wrapped her hands around him and his tears soaked her robe but she didn't care even a little. Soon the boy stopped crying and let go of her . " I'm Thomas by the way " 

" Hi Thomas, I'm Lexi. What house are you in? " she asked

" I'm Gryffindor. I know we should be brave but I think the sorting had made  a mistake I'm not brave at all " he said and looked down 

" Gryffindors are not only brave they have a lot of other characteristics. They have courage, determination and chivalry, they are also sweet and know what to do in every situation.  And I know you have all those traits. Plus the sorting hat never makes mistakes . I had a friend who always feared being in Slytherin, because of his family, but he was brave, he stood up for what he believed in, he was cunning like a Slytherin and nice and had a lot of determination like a Gryffindor. He was sorted in Gryffindor and it was one of the little thing he is grateful for. You were sorted there for a reason. Now do you want me to take to your dorms? " 

" Yes, please." he said and stood up. The little boy took Lexi's hand and the two of them started walking to the Gryffindor dormitory. Thomas didn't know that they were being followed but Lexi knew it perfectly well. They were being followed by no other but the famous James Potter under his invisibility cloak. Lexi knew he had been listening  to their conversation, but she didn't want to say anything. James continued walking with them until they got to the portrait of the Fat Lady 

" Well, we part our ways here. Remember what I told you, never let anyone's opinion get to you. and.." she whispered something in his year and the boy looked confused but with a smile on his face. 

" Okay I will do that. Thank you, Lexi . Goodnight " Thomas said and waved at his new friend

" Goodnight, Tomi " she said and with that she disappeared  in the castle. 

Thomas stood before the portrait when James came to him. 

" Hey there, why aren't you getting in? " James asked

" I had to wait for you. Lexi said to tell you that eavesdropping is rude and that you have to upgrade your hiding skills with the invisibility cloak " the little boy said and walked through the painting of the Fat lady after saying the password. James Potter stood shocked in front of the Fat lady. He didn't know how Lexi knew he was there and he was also startled she knew he had heard their conversation. 

Everyone thought  Lexi wasn't nice and she was a pure blood Slytherin, who cared only about blood status like the rest, but after he saw how she talked with the poor boy James thought that this girl was a really nice person and that it wasn't a pretend what she had told Thomas in the corridor. So Lexi Peterson became a  mystery he wanted to solve. And with that he went to his dormitory.

A/N 

Hey, there my beloved reader! I want to thank you that you read my book. Also I want to tell everyone that English isn't my first language so if I have any mistakes don't hesitate to tell me.