Chapter 24

Rita's pov

I woke up as I heard loud footsteps in the room. I slowly opened my eyes, but all I saw was darkness due to my night blindness.

Slowly, I got up from the bed to turn on the bedside lamp. "Fuck," I muttered, sleepily thinking for a second that I was in my own bedroom, at home.

But the empty space on the nightstand was just a reminder where I was. I was in his home.

Unfortunately, he didn't have a bedside lamp, and I really wondered why he had no bedside lamp, I mean, every normal person had one, right?

I rolled my eyes. You say it yourself, Rita, every normal person, he isn't normal — I told myself. He was fucked up in the head. Eventually in the psychiatrist they couldn't save him, if you asked me.

Going back in time, thinking about my wedding day,  he must have a phobia, I believed, since he was in a very good mood while tearing Nicolai apart until he saw me, standing there with a bedside lamp.

Wanting to see what his psychotic ass was doing, I decided to go and open the lights, which was a great challenge.

The room was pitch black for me due to my poor eyesight in the dark. And I didn't know where this damn switch was.

I made a mental note to be more aware of my surroundings, especially while being held captive.

Seriously, I was getting too comfortable, not only in this place, but also around him. His careless behavior he had most of the times when we were alone was contagious that I needed to remind myself who I was dealing with.

Though, he had reminded me very well who he was during breakfast, making me apologize from his slut for standing up for myself.

They both could go to hell for all I care. I knew we needed his slut to help me out, but I was still mad at him. He could also give her a little warning to watch her mouth. Instead he talked me down, because I was the prisoner and she the guard.

"FUCK!" I screamed startled as my hands touched something hard and warm, bringing me back from my thoughts. I pulled my hands back, frightened.

"Hell! My ears! Why the fuck are you screaming?" I heard him ask irritated. Realizing it was him, I sighed and relaxed a little.

"I'm sorry," I apologized with my hand over my chest, trying to calm my racing heart down. "You just startled me."

Then, I took a few steps back, tripping over something in the dark. Yelping, I mentally prepared myself to kiss the ground, but then his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Watch where you are going," he told me, his voice raspy. "I can't, I can't see in the dark," I stammered with my hands on his chest, his closeness making me nervous for some odd reason.

"Then why are you walking in the dark? Do you want to break an arm or a leg?" he asked me annoyed, while my hands were preoccupied finding out what he was wearing. His chest felt hard but smooth. I gasped, realizing he was shirtless.

Blushing, I pulled away from him, getting out of his grasp. "I said I am night blind, not clumsy!" I frowned at him offended.

Then, I walked past him, or that's what I thought in the dark, before tripping over something on the floor again and losing my balance.

This time, I was sure I would fall to the ground. I closed my eyes and prepared for the pain. But then I felt Roman grab my arm, trying to help me regain my balance back.

Having two left feet sometimes but being too stubborn to admit it and give him right, I somehow managed to throw him off balance too and pulled him down with me.