Chapter 17

Roman's pov

I didn't have any worries leaving Rita in my bedroom as it was soundproof. Generally, all rooms in my bedroom were soundproof. I didn't want to disturb my neighbours when I had company.

Knowing she couldn't scream for help, I left the apartment relaxed, got in my car and drove to my sister's place.

I didn't even know I had siblings until Valerio's and my paths crossed as he looked for our sister.

Valerio was my half-brother, a bastard from another motherfucker. And Mia was my half-sister.

At first I didn't believe him, when he told me he was my half-brother, and punched him in the face before telling him to piss off if he didn't have a death wish.

I thought he was lying to me to make me help him in his search for his sister because he knew who I was and what I was capable of.

But when he didn't back off and even persuaded me to do a DNA test, I slowly started to believe him.

So, I did a DNA test and the results showed that this bastard was really my half-brother. Therefore, I decided to help him find his sister, my half-sister.

And it wasn't long before we found our sister with capo's connections and help. Capo helped me save my sister from human traffickers eleven years ago after she had spent twenty years of her life being bought and sold.

And what did I do? I betrayed the man who saved my sister. I owed capo a lot and would do anything for him.

Capo's wish was always my command, but I also made a promise to my sister years ago, and I couldn't break her trust by breaking my promise to her.

As I rescued my sister, I tore every captor apart, who held her captive there.

I was so in my flow I didn't realize I was tearing these assholes right in front of her eyes until she looked at me in fear and yelled at me to stay away from her.

I fully understood her fear of me after what I had done in front of her and stayed away from her while Valerio brought her out of the room where I had caused a bloodbath.

After her rescue she still wanted me to stay away from her. And I respected her decision and stayed away from her.

I knew she was scared and didn't want a violent bastard like me near her after everything she had experienced before we came for her rescue.

It took me months to convince her I meant no harm to her and allow me to get near her. The time she let me in and I talked to her I felt like talking to a lifeless puppet, a body without a soul.

Valerio and I tried to make her enjoy life, but she just wanted to sit in bed and do nothing. She only gave us short answers if we tried to talk to her.

There were times she refused to eat and we had to make her use a feeding tube, so that she wouldn't starve and die.

I wanted my sister to be sane, I wanted to understand her, so I asked capo with Helena, knowing he couldn't say no to her, if I could hire a psychologist to work for the Mafia. And after he agreed I hired a reliable person.

Helena loved the fact that we had a psychologist who we could tell everything and even arranged some sessions for herself. She even wanted to do couple sessions with capo, but he wasn't really into it.

Whatever, back to my sister. She started normalizing with a lot of psychological help, and finally started to talk and explained to us how she ended up there.

I was furious when I found out that our whore of a mother sold her for money.

After she started talking she wanted me to promise not to hurt innocents. I was confused and asked her psychologist why she wanted me to give her such a promise.