Chapter 53

ROMAN

I had work to be done.

However, I couldn't focus. My mind drifted to Rita and Helena. I was worried about Helena's smart mouth.

Though, she promised me not to talk to her about my old promiscuous habits. Still, I felt uneasy — wondering if I had to warn her about something else.

I've fought for weeks to get her trust me again, and couldn't afford losing the little trust she had in me now.

I sighed — feeling like I opened the doors and invited trouble to my home. I only hoped I could send her back quickly.

Her husband still didn't call — making me dread that he had enough of her and afflicted me with her.

I came back from my thoughts as my phone rang. Leaning closer to my table, I picked up my cell phone.

He finally called. I sighed in relief — he still wanted her clumsy ass. Great.

I waited with a smirk, not answering his calls until his fifth call. "Why so eager to talk to me? Miss me already?" I asked him mockingly, finally answering his call.

"Do you have my wife?" he asked with a snap. "Yes, I do," I told him proudly.

"If you hurt my wife, I will make you regret the day you were born!" he threatened me, and my smile widened.

"She is fine, chilling in my basement — like Rita did once in yours — I guess you want her back?" I asked smugly.

"You will give her back, or I will shred you—"

"Shut up and listen," I cut him off, "you are in no position to threaten me, you do as I say, if you want your wife back in one piece."

He chuckled, saying, "And you think you are in a position to threaten me, you really think you can handle me?"

"Let's see, you have a big army of scary men, so do I, but I also have a lot of experience in this field, since my lazy ass didn't only demand what had to be done, but did it."

"What the fuck do you want?" he asked madly.

"Not much — but since you are so generously asking, and I am not a greedy person — I want your plan B, and fifty-million."

"My plan B?" he asked — sounding confused, or playing it. "Rita's mother, I have evidence that claims she's alive," I told him firmly.

"You were always a smart bastard," he remarked — praising me — how lovely. "Yeah, must have been a pleasure to work with me, huh? How bad you got me in the front now," I claimed with a sigh.

"Your family is still by my side — they are loyal to me instead of you — I will grieve on Valerio's shoulder," he remarked mockingly. "

"You know you are like a zombie, eating people's brain, making them empty headed and easier for you to manipulate — do with them whatever you want," I gritted out.

"But I won't let you feed from my siblings, I want Valerio and Mia too, you will do me a get one and two for free with the pocket money on top."