Chapter 13

Roman's pov

The ride to the jet was in peace. There weren't any complications or suspicions either when we boarded the jet. She behaved very well and didn't cause me any trouble.

Now, I was sitting on the bed with my legs stretched out, sexting with a chica, trying to enjoy the flight back home, but she started getting on my nerves again.

Out of nowhere, she started sobbing. Sighing, I put my phone down and looked at her. She was curled up on the couch, crying.

And I really didn't understand why she was crying. I thought we talked everything through and she agreed with me that the safest place for her was by my side for now.

"Why the hell are you crying now? It's not like someone died," I told her before reminding myself that I had just killed her husband.

"Well, except your husband, but he was an asshole anyway and deserved it. Wait, don't tell me you're mourning for your husband. You seemed to find great pleasure at watching how I put him apart. What changed?"

"I would never cheer you to tear him into pieces if I was sober, after all I am not a sadist, like you," she sobbed, shaking her head.

"Drunk words are sober thoughts, ragazza, and the little sadist in you enjoyed seeing how I ripped your hubby apart," I claimed with a smirk.

"I didn't enjoy it because I am a sadist, but life got me mental ..." she cried harder.

"What exactly of life got you mental?" I asked, not getting what could be wrong in her princess life, except yesterday.

"Yesterday! It was traumatizing!" she told me, wiping the tears away with the back of her hand. "It was just so overwhelming, everything is coming up now ..."

"You're crying over one bad day?" I asked her sceptically. "A bad day? Yesterday was just a bad day for you?" she asked me back, looking at me with a deep frown.

"No, it was a great day for me, my mission was a success, you're the one calling it traumatizing for some reason." I shrugged, taking some grapes and putting them into my mouth.

"You really can't sympathize with me, can you?" she asked with a sigh, shaking her head.

"No, I can't relate with your emotional ass. What was so shocking for you? You should be glad I saved you from getting fucked you know where ..."

"Except being grateful for you saving me—"

"You're welcome," I interrupted her, eating more grapes.

She continued with a huff, "I got married by force, beaten to shit, almost raped, rescued by you after watching how you tore my husband's entrails out before my eyes. Then, you wanted to kill me, but decided not to because of your morals, before kidnapping me, making me ram a man over, using me as your personal driver and forcing me to get a bullet out of your ass cheek."

"You're done?" I asked her, cocking my head and raising a brow, not wanting to listen to her whining any longer.

"Yeah, sorry for bothering you with my whining and cries, please continue whatever you were doing on your phone and don't stop on my account ... you seemed to enjoy yourself, considering the grin on your face, must be my embarrassing pictures keeping you amused ..."

"No, not your pictures, I was just sexting with a chica," I sighed, grabbing my phone again, seeing if I got some new nudes.

"You slew a man yesterday and now you're sitting there and sexting with a woman?" she asked me, sounding shocked.