Chapter 51

HELENA

It was afternoon.

I had to say goodbye to my kids for a while. I put Alana to sleep. I caressed her head, before kissing her little hand and leaving her room.

Then, I walked down the hall before entering the living room, looking out of the window, watching my twins practicing with Marco in the back yard.

I smiled as I also saw Lucia with her swimming instructor in the pool. She was splashing water everywhere while her teacher tried to teach her how to swim backwards.

"I will be back soon, I promise, I love you," I said with my hand on the window before leaving the living room and heading to his office to tell him that I wanted to go out. As I reached his office, I knocked on his door twice.

He called me in. He was looking at the files in his hands and didn't look up when I entered. "I want to go out."

He smiled. Putting his files aside, he leaned back in his chair, looking at me. "Now you talk to me?" he asked me, tilting his head.

I confronted him about his cruel actions three weeks ago, and he had the audacity to tell me not to stick my nose in his personal matters. He walked over me.

His words hurt. I thought we could talk with each other about everything and trusted each other.

I guess I was wrong. He proved me wrong. He was wrong — holding a pregnant woman in his torture cells captive was wrong. It was barbaric, nasty and low — even for him.

However, he was too diabolical to see it. I wanted to make him see it. But he didn't acknowledged me in this matter.

Therefore, I decided not to acknowledge him too. He could talk to my hand. He could jerk his dick with his hand. He could kiss my ass.

But he was fine with me giving him the cold shoulder as long as I didn't open the topic about Roman and the pregnant woman in his basement.

What the heck did it mean to kidnap a pregnant woman and torture her just because she slapped and kneed his dick? And the fact that he manipulated Roman — her child's dad — and used him to hurt her was just sick.

He deserved a good lesson to understand that the world didn't revolve around him, his ego and desires.

And what did he expect from her? That she'd get on her knees and thank him for sending Roman after her to kill her?

He couldn't see it was normal for her to feel mad at him for planning her death. He didn't care if he was in the wrong or not, all he cared was his pride. I sighed. His ego was going to be the death of me.

I really wondered for what he cared more? For me or his pride? He always told me he loved me, but how far would he go to save me? I guess I was about to find out soon.

"You shut me down like I am nothing! You pushed me away when I wanted to talk, stop acting like I am the  jerk — it's you — and tell your jerks to let me out!" I demanded him.

"I only told you not to stick my nose in your business, and you can't go out, it's not safe," he remarked.

"Roman is my business, you know he is like a brother to me, and he wouldn't hurt me — that means it's completely safe!" I disagreed with him.

"Stop defending his pathetic ass," he told me annoyed. "Then, stop being an ass!" I snapped back.

"Careful, baby," he warned me. "Yours will be red if you don't stop acting like a brat."

"What a weak excuse to touch me, are you that frustrated? Already?" I arched a brow and crossed my arms.

"You think you can blackmail me with sex?" he hummed, gritting his teeth.